Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Seriously!

So....apparently we take this 9 month business pretty seriously around our house!  LOL!!  On Friday I noticed tooth #3 right at the edge of the gums and thisclose to popping out any second now.  We also had our 9 month check-up Friday and the Dr. confirmed there are a few on the top ready to pop out any day now as well (I cannot see those as well so we shall see).

Also, Friday morning as we were getting ready Little Miss took 3 steps ALL BY HERSELF!  I think all of my cheering for her must have scared her because she fell after those and then has acted too scared to take any more.  She has always wanted to hold on to something so it really shocked me when she just stood up all by herself and then moved her chubby little legs without holding on to anything!

At her 9 month check up she weighed 17 lbs 11 oz (25%) and was 28" (50-75%) tall.  Her head is still measuring really small (5-10%) but it is steadily growing on her own growth curve, so it looks like she will just be a petite little thing with a tiny head--fine by me! :)

She checked out PERFECTLY!  :)  Everything looked and sounded great and she is at or ahead of all developmental milestones!  We discussed the food issue and the Dr. said there is no need for concern as long as she is eating purees just keep feeding her that and then eventually start trying solids again--she suggested I wait a month--BUT I was not going to do that--more on that experience later!

She passed her pre-op exam for her ear tube surgery/procedure that will take place tomorrow.  EEK!  This mommy is way nervous so any extra prayers you can send up for Paislyn & Her Doctor are more than appreciated!  I know that thousands of this procedure are done every single day and that it is a fairly simple procedure, but when it is your own BABY it is still very nerve-wracking!!  The thought of her being taken away from us, being put under anesthesia, and not understanding any of what will be taking place make this mommy very sad and a nervous wreck.  The only thing I keep telling myself is that the end result will (Hopefully) make it all worthwhile!

**A few other 9 month things I forgot on the other post**

*She really understands "Peek-a-boo" right now and loves to play it all the time.  If I put something over my head and ask "where's Mommy?" she will come rip it off my head and start laughing.  If she can get ahold of anything--burp rag, blanket, towel, etc. she will cover her head and wait for us to say "Where's Paislyn?" and then pull if off laughing and start it all over again...she thinks it is soo fun and of course loves to do it at the most inopportune times--example: bedtime. :)

*She has always loved looking at magazines, mail, etc. (I already mentioned she loves to sit down and read her books) but she just started really tearing them up...she will take a page and just rip it and throw it and keep doing it until you catch her to stop her.  She also did this the other day with her wipes that she got ahold of.  She was only able to get out 2 wipes but she ripped them to shreds and threw them all over her room....this girl is a hand-ful and a half!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment