This might be TMI for some, so if you read on, don't say you weren't warned..:)
I had to quit BFing at the very end of January (like the 29th to be exact) and I had 1 period at the end of February 2012 (my first since 2010)....I knew it might be some time before my cycle got back on track since I had not had one for that long but I had always been pretty regular so I assumed I would start somwehere around that date in March. That date in March came and went and I told N I thought I was pregnant. He said I was just stressing about it and that's why I wasn't starting. I was really feeling I was for some reason and decided to go ahead and just take a pregnancy test. Well, lo and behold, 2 pink lines appeared AGAIN...I kind of went into freak out mode-HELLO we had a 5 month old!!
Side Note--we knew we wanted to have our first 2 close together and were planning on trying to conceive this summer--the intention was to have a baby around the end of March (putting the 2 about 18 months apart) where I could stay home the end of the school year and then have all summer and not have to go back to work until the baby was about 5 months old.
He was sooo calm this time around when I told him we were pregnant....while we were both extremely grateful, my nerves were getting the best of me and I started worrying about how I was going to do it with 2 BABIES! :) I calmed down as the days went on.
We had out first appt. on April 13.....our doctor was shocked to see us so soon again for a pregnancy! :) We immediately got to see our little jellybean on the screen and she confirmed for us (Several times!) that there was only 1--that was my fear this time. :) We discussed things about having a baby and being pregnant and went over a few pregnancy things as a refresher--it is amazing how even though it was 5 months ago and I was pregnant but having a baby changes everything and my mind has been on baby mode, that I did forget some things. :)
Another long month went by until we went in for our second appt on May 11. We got to see the jelly bean again and she said the baby is growing right on track! Everything looked great! :) That was music to this mommy's ears. I had a lot of blood work done and they called me a couple of days later and said they detected a UTI coming on (I Never had one of these with P--don't think I have ever had one in my life)....we treated it and hopefully there will be no more problems!
We were so grateful to have good news and decided we could share with the world now--I was 11 weeks 1 day. We expected mixed reactions as P was now only 7 months old. No--we are not"crazy", Yes--we will manage and be the best parents we can be...we consider ourselves extremely BLESSED & know this was God's plan all along!! :) We are grateful He has once again chosen us to be the parents of the little on He has placed inside me! We are super excited to get to do this all over again and know P is going to make a great big sister!
This pregnancy has been just like my first so far. My stomach is incredibly weak--I cannot handle most smells, etc. and I GAG ALL THE TIME! I did it with P too, but N swears it is 20X worse with this one. I have thrown up 3 times and all because of something P has done (nasty diapers, her throwing up, etc.) I have already been feeling round ligament pains which I didn't remember feeling so early with P, but since my body has just gone through everything it did 8 months ago she said it is normal to feel everything earlier this time.
I was EXHAUSTED the entire 1st trimester!!! It was BAD!! Again, she said this is normal with the 2nd baby--My Dr. said it is better with the 2nd baby because you don't have time to fixate on every.little.thing. that is going on with the baby/your body (which is soo true), HOWEVER you also do not have the time to rest when you need it and take care of yourself like you should which means you are way more run down!!
So that is the story...we are due November 29 (which will make our babies 14 months apart) and we will not be finding out the sex of this babe again.
So far everything has been great and I pray daily that we will once again be blessed with a happy, healthy, beautiful baby!
I was supposed to have my 3rd appt. today, but they had to re-schedule so I will be going in on Tuesday.
Here was the first picture in April (they are taken with my I-Phone, as the scanner is not plugged in and I don't feel like messing with it, so hopefully it is still a good ultrasound pic).
And here is how much we grew in a month--this was the picture in May...
We appreciate any and all prayers for a continued smooth and healthy pregnancy, as well as a healthy baby! :)
Thanks!


No comments:
Post a Comment