Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Ride

We finally took the plunge and upgraded to a "Mom" car....I got a Suburban this weekend.  N and I have been going back and forth for a while.  I did not feel we needed a bigger car....I only got my 4-Runner 3 years ago and it is a big SUV/family car.  The reason I went with that when I did was that it would be big enough for when we started our family.  He has not liked it basically ever since we got it.  He has been sending me links for Yukon XL's for about 2 months now (he even stopped a few times after work to check some out).  I was not ready for a bigger vehicle.  We only have 1 baby right now and won't have 2 until November so I felt like we could wait and see.  Well, after traveling out of town for Memorial Weekend I gave in and said we defninitely needed BIGGER!  It was not a big deal that we were very squished after packing up the WHOLE house and then some just for a few days away, but we would never have been able to fit another baby in the mix.

It was very uncomfortable as I could not lean my seat back at all because of the carseat (not really a big deal but it would have been nice to get comfy for the long ride)....BUT what really did it was that I had big plans to do her treatment on the drive so as to save time in the evenings when we hit our desinations....WELL scratch that as I could not get in the backseat with her because it too was full of bags and stuff.  ALSO, I absolutely refuse to change a diaper in a public place unless absolutely necessary....we had NO room to change a diaper in the car unless it was done in her car seat and that was not going to work.  SO after being uncomfortable, not being able to change her diaper or get in the backseat to give her a treatment,etc. I told N I am on board. 

We were going with the intent of buying a Yukon XL.  I told him I just wanted a Yukon (I was not confident I could drive a XL), but he was dead set against that and said we may as well keep my 4-Runner.  The Yukon would give us a small amount more room than we had but then we would be in the same boat in a few years when baby #3 arrives....We started looking and went and bought a Suburban on Saturday.  It is definitely my "mom car" and I don't feel "old" enough to be driving it! :)

I am glad we went ahead and got it now so we have plenty of time to get used to it before the baby arrives and it will be very nice when the kids get older and all have plenty of room. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment