As we approach the single digits until our due date (6 days to be exact), we are growing more and more anxious to just have our baby! A due date is not set in stone as is a countdown to a wedding, graduation, birthday, etc. This is just an estimate and boy does that make it hard!
While I am so THANKFUL I have been healthy and been able to carry this baby to full-term I am ready now! Don’t get me wrong, I am still feeling good, putting in good 10-12 hour days at work (since it is still the beginning of the year and so MUCH to get done & trying to get everything laid out to be gone), and coming home and doing all of the normal daily things that have to be done. But-I just want to see the child we have created, see who he or she looks like, know if we are having a boy baby or a girl baby (as all the kids at school ask me EVERY DAY!), know how much hair he or she will have, and on and on and on.
One of my biggest fears has been my water breaking in public (even though my doctor has reassured me that only 15% of women actually have their water break on it’s own and it usually happens at night). I can just see it happening in front of my 21-7 year olds…oh the stories they could tell their parents when they get home. I am so nervous of being out in public right now…especially since I am a tiny bit dilated and ½ way effaced….it just feels like anything (embarrassing) could happen down there…lol!
I am also sooo ready to wear my wedding rings again! Man I have missed my beautiful wedding set….after not being without it for over 3 years I am so bummed that it has to sit in my jewelry box while I wear a cheapie just so I don’t like like a pregnant 16 year old…lol! As I have mentioned before, and was confirmed on the radio this week I have been hugely pregnant (in my 3rd trimester) for the HOTTEST summer ever recorded in Texas—hence the reason for my puffy fingers that can’t fit into my beautiful wedding rings!
I am so over maternity clothes and cannot wait to wear normal clothes again….since I have grown and did not want to buy more clothes for school (since I would only be pregnant like 4 weeks of the school year) I have to get creative with my outfit choices….
The bags that have been packed for like the last 8-10 weeks are getting closer to the door….every time we go somewhere we wonder if we should just take them along or not….
Everything is (and has been) ready for baby on the home-front…house is completely in baby mode and baby ready, the room has been complete for some time, bags have been packed, car-seat has been in car, etc….the only thing stressing me out has been with school. I cannot just leave my job and pick back up in 6-8 weeks (even though most think teaching is so great as we get 2 months off in the summer, yada, yada, yada…). I have to ensure that I have everything planned out, left out, and ready for someone else to try and do my job for the duration of the time that I am gone. I have put together a rather large binder with dividers of all information/papers I can think they sub will need. I have also typed out 14 pages of notes on where everything can be found and how my procedures, etc. are in my classroom. The principal is still working on the sub and I really hope I can get her to come in so I can go over everything with her before I leave. But-I talked to my principal again yesterday and she assured me that if I go into labor this weekend they will have my class covered Monday….and they will give me a few days to rest and then start shooting me e-mails-great! J This also meant that I stayed until 7 pm Friday night to iron out last minute things to have everything I could possibly think of out and ready for someone else to run my room in case our little darling decided to grace us with his/her presence real soon!!!!
I have to let go of this work stress and surrender all control to God (again!) and this sweet baby who is already in control of our life. After all, only he/she can pick his/her birthday as 2 of our picks for favorite days have already come and gone…haha! Like they even mattered anyways?!?!
Sooooo---sweet little angel please get ready to come out soon…your momma and daddy can’t wait to meet you and tell the world what you are and share your name! The countdown is on…6.more.days!!! J


No comments:
Post a Comment