Well here we sit at exactly 40 weeks pregnant and apparently this little one does not realize it is supposed to be his or her birthday AND the party is ready and waiting! LOL!! My poor ticker at the top is done and says I should have had the baby (DUH! Today was supposed to be “birth” day!!)
I had the (what I hoped to be) last weekly check-up on Friday. Gained one pound (for a total of 28 pounds). Baby’s heart-beat was 142. I am still measuring right on track. Now for the bummer…only dilated to 1.5 cm. L I started dilating 4 weeks ago but we are making such SLOW progress. Now, my Dr. is worried since I am already DUE and that is all we are dilated. The baby continues to move down more and more but just not dilating much. We came up with a plan: I am going back on Tuesday so she can see if my body does anything on it’s own over the weekend. If I am making sufficient progress (more than ½ cm like has been the trend/week) she will just watch and see what happens throughout the week. If not, we will set an induction for Friday when I will almost be 41 weeks (which I did not want to happen, but whatever is best for the baby).
She talked to me about how I would feel if it came down to a C-Section as well…with my lack of progress she said I am looking to be a 50/50 chance of CS. They would have to induce because I am already over my due-date, but even with an induction (and only being 1.5 cm) it might come down to that….I am wanting to avoid a CS at all costs (and only willing to have one if it is medically necessary) so I made sure that I will be able to try on my own for as long as I can (and she was completely fine with that) to see what will happen.
So…now all we do is sit and wait and pray this little one decides he/she is ready to come out and join the waiting party! We do know though that we should have a baby by next weekend. So—for now we are just taking it easy! AND to top it all off I am SICK! UGH! 40 weeks pregnant and SICK! I came down with something on Thursday and just trying to rest up so I will be well/have strength if I am to go into labor on my own before Friday.
Please pray that more progress is made by Tuesday and we will be holding our little one real soon!
Even though I am over this pregnancy and ready to be done baking and just holding our baby, I am thankful to have made it this far. I know 2 people who had babies this weekend that were WAY early and are experiencing complications. So, I may be complaining but I truly am thankful to have been able to carry this baby to full term and beyond! I am sending prayers up for strength for those babies and their mommies this weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment