Well, here we are one week away from our due date and we are very (im)patiently waiting! J I had my weekly check on Friday. It was quick but good…no weight again-still holding steady at 27 pounds which is right where my Dr. wanted me. I am now dilated 1 cm….but am already 50% effaced so that is good to hear & at -3 Station! The baby’s heartbeat was back up to 157. My Dr. was able to go completely through my cervix (which she said is a good sign and it had moved forward more since last week..yay!) and can feel the baby’s entire head. She said that is why I have been soo sore/feeling soo much pressure—the head is just RIGHT there. Those little head-butts down there sure do hurt, but keep on baby and get closer to coming out. Even though my co-workers let me know every day that I have not “dropped”, at least I know the head is right there and ready to be out.
She asked if I was feeling any more contractions, and I told her “No, and I don’t think this baby wants to come out.” She just laughed and said no matter what he/she will have to come out. We discussed what will happen if my due date comes and goes, and her response was that she will let me go one week over and then we will pick a birthdate—I DO NOT want to have to be induced, so I am thinking positive and that the little one will decide to come out by next Sunday. At the end of our appt. she said I will see you next Friday—if not sooner! That has me hopeful!! J
This poor little baby has NO more room in me but somehow is continuing to kick and move and flip as it has the whole pregnancy! Hopefully it will grow tired of being crowded and just come out to meet us! We are one anxious Mommy & Daddy at this house!
Last week when I went in the nurse called us back and told us that my Dr. had 3 patients in labor at that time—wow—and that one of them was already pushing. Before the Dr. got to us the nurse came in and said she left to go deliver that baby—the only thing I could say was “I hope that will be us soon!”
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment