Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Class #2


Saturday we were back in Houston for our Breast-feeding class.  It was a great class and we were both glad we went.  We learned many valuable tips which will hopefully allow exclusive breast-feeding for at least the first 6 months -1 year.  I know, I know anything is possible and many complications can come up but that is our goal.  We are wise enough to know it won’t be easy and will require many sacrifices on both of our parts, but we are willing to rise up and meet the challenge to try as long as we can to do what we think is best for our child.   We are setting our goal now and will work to meet it. Once again, this class was BOY-heavy….soo funny!  Everyone was having boys.
This little baby kicked, flipped, and moved throughout the ENTIRE class…he/she never even took a nap.  Several times N and I were even so distracted because we were watching my belly to see which way the little one was going to go next.  It was really wearing me out!  N finally concluded what it was….the night before (we were in Houston from our appt.) I had a Dr. Pepper with supper.  We ate out at 5 Guys and they did not have any caffeine free drinks so I splurged and got a Dr. Pepper (it had also been a LONG day for me leaving the house at 5:45 a.m. with Nathan and I was swollen from being on my feet all day).  This was only the 3rd time in the last 31 weeks that I have had a DP or any caffeine at all.  N swears that the baby was going crazy from all the caffeine since it was not at all used to that.
After the class our car was on auto-pilot as usual when we left the hospital and went straight to Babies-R-Us. JJ  We had no intentions of going again but we had to go check on our bottles and pacis that we had picked out to make sure they meet the specifications for making breast-feeding more successful.  We were already on the right track when we picked them out…my husband gets all the credit here—he picked them all out several months ago because they looked more natural and like the breast and he did all of the research on them and wanted to use them…so kudos to him for being such a great and involved daddy already! J
My mom came over last week to help start our curtains—she ended up taking them home to finish them and brought them back this weekend.  They look amazing!!!  I have the best mom!  She is now almost finished with the bed-skirt and the room is looking fabulous!  Since we do not have any décor on the wall since we don’t know whether we can have girly décor or boyish, the walls look sort of bare (well besides the blaring colors we have going on).  BUT—one decoration that we have been looking forward to getting arrived Saturday…I just need help getting it up and boy is it going to consume several of my days!
I have been really tired lately during this 3rd trimester...I do a little bit and then rest alot.  I need to get going on my classroom but since I can't lift or do any of the physical work I have to work around N's schedule and when he can help me.  Hopefully this weekend we can do a little more.  Hard to believe I will be back in school in less than a month...but at least it won't be for long, then I will be home holding our precious little baby! YAY!  WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment