Well I had my Dr. Appt. last Friday and things went well. My weight gain really shocked me…I wasn’t feeling like I gained much weight this time but this baby is REALLY growing and I gained a whopping 7 pounds! WOW! That makes a total so far of 22 lbs. (Even though I think it is a lot, the Dr. says I am completely on track because I had to grow so much to accommodate this baby). My nurse was out that day so there was a different nurse and it took her FOREVER to find the heartbeat (which worried me at first, but we could see the little one squirming around in there, so I think she just was not doing it right). The heartbeat was 140 which worried me since it has always been between 153-157, so I asked if this was okay and she said anything between 120-160 is normal, so we are good! My tummy measurements were right on track and my Dr. was pleased with everything.
We discussed several important aspects about our delivery day…some questions she asked us as far as what we wanted, others we had from our childbirth class that I wanted clarification on.
-Since we do not live in Houston, nor do we have a pediatrician up there, she will use one that she prefers that will see the baby while we are in the hospital
-I will be given the Pertussis vaccine while in the hospital and N can go the Walgreens across the street to receive his
-We discussed Delayed Cord Clamping and are still researching our options with that…
-I am worried about the 1 hour 20 minute drive to the hospital if I am in labor
-Breast-feeding
-She answered several other questions I had and put some of my fears to ease
-I asked about the position of the baby (I think I know exactly how he/she is laying—just wanted to know if my prediction was right) but she said the babies will continue to move until around 34 weeks so it is too soon to tell if the baby will be head down for the birth or not.
We still have a VERY ACTIVE baby on our hands!! It concerns me sometimes as much as the little one is moving that he/she might be in distress. She said it does not mean that and this poor little one (again) does not have much room in there—my small frame coupled with the fact that he can’t grow in my back because of my rods, so the space is limited and I can feel it so much more! I also read some blogs on the e-mails I receive about this and several posts stated that the more active the baby is it means it is growing (you think with that kind of weight gain?!?!) and that he/she is actually receiving all the right nutrients it needs. I’ll take that! J
She has also confirmed with Anesthesia that I will meet with them next Thursday in the morning so they can look at the films of my back to see if and where they can put an epidural. I am fine with not receiving one for a vaginal birth…call me crazy but am not making the decision to say I need one until I am at that point in labor. BUT, if something goes wrong and I have to have a C-Section (and can’t receive an epidural) I would have to be put asleep completely and miss the birth of our child—that I DO NOT WANT! So, please say some extra prayers that I will be able to have an epidural if it is needed!
Overall, the baby and I are looking great and she was completely pleased with both of us!! YAY!! Now, if we can just stay that way for at least 6-9 more weeks! J


No comments:
Post a Comment