Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 29, 2011

50 Days & Another Appt.

Thursday I had my 32 Week 4 Day Appt.  I was a little bummed because this was like the 2nd appt. in 2 years that N was not able to go to with me (and believe me with the battles we fought with my body last year there were MANY appts.)…and it was the first baby appt. he had to miss.  I actually lost 1 pound this time…kinda strange but I’ll take it.  The baby’s heart beat was 156-152.  She did an internal exam this time and I am not dilated at all. J  That is good news.  When she measured my belly , I am measuring 1 week behind/small.  I was concerned about this, but she said I have been the whole time, so as long as my measurements have been consistent there is nothing to worry about.  She also said you are allowed 2 centimeters above and below to be fine.  I asked if this meant a small baby??  She said not necessarily as it could just be the position of the baby.  She also told me since at my next appt. I will be right at 34 weeks, at that point if I start having contractions/signs of labor they will do nothing to try and stop it since the baby should be fine to be born anytime after 34 weeks….talk about a reality check for N…hard to believe we are SSOOOO close to meeting our little one! YAY!  We also talked again about what to do/who to call if I think I am in labor, etc.  That helps reassure me.  I go back in 2 weeks to check everything again.
I then walked over to the hospital.  I had already completed my pre-registration online, but there are some documents that have to be signed in person (you can do ahead of time like I did yesterday, or they will bring to you while you are in labor and want them signed—no thanks!).  It was so surreal I had to sign off on everything for myself, then I had to sign off on everything for the baby & under the relationship to patient I was instructed to write “mother”…J  They also checked all the insurance info. And were able to give me the exact amounts we will be expected to pay for the stay and delivery for me and baby (both vag. And CS).
After that, I went up to Pre-Op to talk to Anesthesiology about looking at my films of my back to see about the possibilities of an epidural, or where.  I left in tears and was so ticked off.  I only got to talk to the Nurse Anesthesist (after my Dr. had already informed them I would be over there) and she basically told me they were not going to look at them yesterday, but I could bring them to the hospital with me if I wanted but more than likely they would not look at them then either.  She said they place it by feel…so if I want/need an epidural they will find where they can go in at but there is no guarantee it will take on me.  She said we will only know when that time comes.  She said if it does not take they can give me an anesthetic through my IV, and confirmed my fear of having to have a c-section—I will be put out completely if the epidural does not work and I must under-go a CS. UGH!  So…basically I am still going into this blind and will not know my options or what can/will happen until that time comes…I hate being un-prepared!
Tomorrow is our big baby shower!! We cannot wait!  Glad this crazy weather passed through….just want to enjoy tomorrow with our family and friends! J Have a great weekend!
Only 50 days to go!! WooHoo!!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment