FINALLY! :) Our Spring Break started out by attending the Easter Eggstravaganza…..that was a lot of fun!
On Sunday, we headed up to Somerville to visit N’s grandparents. Paislyn had a lot of fun showing off for them and running around their house. Daddy took her for a cruise in the golf cart to find some deer, but no luck.
Monday morning we headed out bright and early. We went to my mom’s work to hang out/visit for a while and then made a fun trip to Wal-Mart. I decided to let her have her first adventure of not using the shopping cart cover because she can’t use it until she’s 18 right?!?!? AND in a few more months Breckyn will be sitting in it in the front of the cart and P will be in the back and they don’t make a cover for back there….well as soon as we got in the store she licked the handle….UGH!! GROSS! Disgusting wal-mart of all places!! (She is into this licking phase lately-ugh! Mostly only in our house but occasionally outside the house as well) I think she was just testing it out since the basket has never been un-covered before. Daddy had a small stroke when I told him I didn’t cover the basket and what she did…LOL! We then went out to eat with Grams, Aunt Cass, & Ashley, then headed home for naps and to play for the afternoon.
Tuesday (after much guilty deliberation) I took both girls to school for the day. I NEVER took Paislyn to school ever if I was at home. Since the day she was born if I was off, so was she. I even would leave work and go straight to get her so she wouldn’t have to be there a minute longer than she had to be. I would get her then go run errands, grocery shop, etc. Essentially, I created more work for myself but didn’t want her to miss out on any real world experiences and wanted her with me as much as possible. Now, with 2 it is much harder so I try to do most stuff I need to get done before I go get them. It makes me hurry too so I can go get them sooner! I really had some closets that needed cleaning and other things that needed to be done that wouldn’t get complete with them at home all week. I took them around 8:30 and rushed around the house like a crazy person trying to get everything accomplished so I could go get them already. When I picked them up we went outside to play until daddy came home.
Since B has been born it is always us 3 girls together (and sometimes daddy too). I never get one girl by herself (other than B when I was on maternity leave) so I decided over Spring Break I would do a 1-on-1 day with each girl. Breckyn’s day was Wednesday. We took P to school and came home and mostly snuggled around all day. I held her and played a lot and let her take all her naps on me. J I did not get anything done around the house but loved the snuggle time with my baby who is growing WAY too fast!!
Thursday was Paislyn’s day. I had a lot of fun stuff planned for us. We dropped B off at school and ran to the store. We then came home and made fruit smoothies for breakfast. After that, we did a sensory activity by dying easter eggs with shaving cream. She was not too into it because it was messy….her favorite thing to say lately is “mess, it’s a mess, that’s a mess, and throw in trash” so needless to say she didn’t like the mess.
We went outside to blow bubbles and wait for Daddy (he was taking a ½ day off that day so we could spend some big girl time with just P). When he was on his way home, we headed into town to run a few errands and then meet him for lunch at Mr. Gatti’s. She loved getting all the time and attention to herself. We just slowed down a little and enjoyed life at her pace and had a fun time (despite it being incredible over-crowded and full of rowdy people). We then came home so she could take a nap and we were back at it again. We took her to the park and let her swing, slide, and run around for a while. I took several videos of her just squealing and having the time of her life. We then went to pick up B from school and we all went home and played outside. I think she had a fun day!!!
On Friday, all 3 of us stayed home again while daddy headed to Brackenridge along with all of my family as they were the committee for the 1st annual Game Warden Fishing Tournament. We chilled at home and played and after naps I loaded them up and headed up there for the evening. P had a blast running all over the event center and eating fried fish for supper—the girl loves her some fried fish! J
We bought groceries that morning...she LOVES to help unload groceries and do laundry....here she is helping.
On Saturday, Daddy headed back up to Edna and me and the girls went with Nana to cousin Carson’s 1st birthday party. Despite the CRAZY wind, P had fun! We then started delivering cookie dough from our school fundraiser and retired home to begin the bedtime routine. The girls went to bed and Mommy stayed up cooking and preparing for the week until 11. Man….my fun weekend nights sure have changed the last few years. Preparing for the week at night so I can spend more time with them during the day.
Sunday daddy finally was home!! YIPPEE!! Although he slept late and was pretty tired (Mommy was too though after a fun busy week and a weekend of being a single mom!) we had fun for the day. We even went to Grams and Grumps house to help them sort things from the tournament and clean fish.
B's First St. Patrick's Day
Hanging out in the mule
We had a busy and fun week!!! I am soo thankful I got to spend this week with my sweet loves! I am thankful we have so many family and friends that are happy and healthy and always have something going on, but I sure wish we could slow down and breathe for a while and have some down time at home to enjoy our girls by ourselves more often.


No comments:
Post a Comment