I know I am biased since I am her mom and all but boy is little Miss Priss soo smart! At only 18 months she does well what I see some of my students struggle with on a daily basis! We work with her on certain things, but it amazes me at what she just seems to "pick up" on. Here are some 18 month updates.
She is busting out of her 18 month clothes...baby girl is growing!
She still does not like any veggies, but LOVES fruit and will basically eat ANY fruit she sees. Guess I can't complain too much since she will eat fruit, but wish she would eat veggies too!
Everyone is starting to say now she looks more like her daddy...
Her favorite thing to do still is read books. She does not play with any toys, all she does is read her books! She will carry around her babies but reading ranks #1 in her books and Momma can't complain! Her library is HUGE and I have no problem buying books for her since that is the one thing she will "play" with. #Meltamommy/teachersheart!!
She talks up a storm! She repeats EVERYTHING we say and randomly says things that I wonder how she learned.
She is obsessed with all her body parts and frequently says them. She will point to a body part and identify it by saying its name OR if you call out a body part she will point to it. She can identify and say eyes, ears, mouth, teeth, nose, head, hair, belly (her favorite), hiney (the other favorite), legs, feet, toes, arms, fingers, back.
She has recently started saying people's names. She now says her own name ("Hi Paysin"), Breckyn (Beckyn), her teachers names, and her classmates names, Grams, Grumps, Nana, Grandpa, MeMaw, PaPaw, Nanny, & Pappy, & Cass.
She knows less common shapes and can identify them anytime she sees them such as star and heart.
She can say every other number up to 10....I say 1, she says 2, I say 3, she says 4, I say 5, she says 6, I say 7, I have to say 8, then she says 9 10....so stinking cute!
On her ABC's.....we sing ABCD, then she says EFG, we say HIJK, and she says MNMNOP (it kind of all runs together-so funy!), then she can say UV. We don't sit down and teach her this, we just sing in the bathtub, car, etc. and she remembers and keeps doing it. It amazes me daily!!
She loves animals and the animal books are her favorites. She can say and identify (on TV, books, side of the road, etc.) and make sounds for monkey, elephant (effant), lion, lamb, puppy, titty tat :), giraffe, cow, horse, pig, bird, duck, fish, deer, rabbit "raddit", and more that I can't think of right now.
She is still a pretty good eater with her favorite foods still being cheese and greek yogurt. She has started this new thing where she always wants "juice"...not sure why since we only give it to her sometimes on Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
We have started allowing her to watch a little TV. On the weekends when I am up early feeding B I will let her watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She will only glance every once in a while but not ever watch anything. :) She can identify Minnie Mouse now though. Her pull-ups have MM on them and she says everyday "Innie Ouse". :)
I am still not pushing the potty training thing...my hands are FULL with a baby. We do take her when she says she has to go "potty" and we do ask her at other times. We have started her in pull ups to make going potty easier on all of us. She does good some days and not so good on others...I am not pushing it, she is still young. We do clap, dance, sing, etc, when she goes on the potty and she gets a "chew" (as she calls it). It is a Omega 3 chewy vitamin. So, a healthy treat and she can have up to 4 of them a day so it is a win-win for all of us! :)
She sings "Wheels on the Bus" pretty clearly and it is cute! She likes to "jam" in the car now and gets WAY into the music. She has ALWAYS been a dancer but her dance moves are becoming even more hardcore lately! :)
She says Open-close when she (or we) open a cabinet, door, etc. She says "Ready-jump" when she is playing.
She is moving around much better (no longer the baby clumsiness) and I am in awe at some ways she can get in and out of things and some of the cute "big girl" poses I see her doing.
We have been saying her prayers WITH her now at night instead of us saying them for her when she is asleep. As soon as we say "let's say your prayers" she folds her hands together and just smiles. She will say AMEN after we do.
She does the whole "high five, backside, in the hole" thing with daddy and he has recently taught her "knuckles".
She will blow her nose and wipe her face if you give her a kleenex, rag, etc. She likes to take burp rags, towels, etc. and rub down any surface she can because she is "ceening" (cleaning).
She gives hugs, kisses, says I love you, and can be oh so sweet! She likes washing her hands and if I am putting on chapstick, lotion, etc. she HAS to have some too. If I give in she just grins and grins while saying "rub rub". She also asks for a bow every morning when she is getting dressed. YAY!
She likes to identify messes. If her toys are spread out, we drop something, something spills, etc. she says "thas a mess" (that's a mess). She says baby, sister, choo choo, car, tractor, vroom vroom (like she is driving), bobble (bottle), pee-pie, potty, bath, towel, uh-oh, oh no, soft (as she is roughly rubbing her sister :)), trash (she is obsessed with finding trash and throwing it away), boo, and SO many more words. Her other favorite things to say include "hold you, what happy (what happened?), I want some, go outside, pew-wew (pe-uew when something stinks), bless you (after sneeze), peeze (please), thank you, turn on, turn off, where mommy go, where daddy go, gonna get you (when she is chasing us)" and many more. Her FAVORITE word these days is "NO"...uugghhH!!! She says EVERYTHING she hears and will try to repeat every word....these are just some of the more common words she uses alot.
We have been working with her to cough in her elbow and cover her mouth and she has been doing it sometimes. Pretty cute!
She is becoming Miss Independent. She likes to run from me when I pick her up after school and that is a trying time for me. I am carrying a baby in the car-seat, sippy cups, bottle bag, etc. and trying to wrangle her to the car (in heels none the less, after a long hard day of being patient with 42 other kids :)).
She will NOT keep her shoes on. The minute we get in the car they come off and she throws them. UGH! Talk about frustration when I am already late to work daily these days and then I have to search the suburban for shoes before we can go into school.
She tattles on herself! :) If we are not looking she will stand on one of her chairs and yell "get down". She says "no no" if she is doing something she know she is not supposed to be doing (yet she still continues doing it). :)
She can turn on the tears and throw herself to the floor like no other if she can't have what she wants. She also likes to spit (not really spit, but put her lips together and make noise where she blows bubbles and drools) and it is sooo frustrating. She is only 18 months today and daily I wonder who took my Sweet Paislyn and replaced her with a terrible two little hot mess. OH MY!
She still loves bath time. When it is time to get out she says "No" then lays on her belly trying to get away from us. :)
Her sleeping has been a little erratic... not sure what is going on but since I returned to work (between the 2 girls) at least 1 is up EVERY single night. Usually, both are up in the middle of the night....EXHAUSTING!!! B is smiley and content though. P, on the other hand, just screams and cries and wants to play. Are you kidding me??? We don't play at 2 am....we sleep!
Her 18 month well check is not until next week as I am going to do B's 4 month and P 18 month at the same time so I will post updated stats then.
Although this sweet thing tests our patience constantly, she is still such a FUN ball of energy. She made me a mom first and for her we are GRATEFUL! I know there are so many other things I could write about but this about sums her up! Sweet girl the past 18 months have been so fun but please slow down!!! You are growing WAY TOO FAST!
Bathing Beauty
YEP! She is a handful...can't turn your back for a second! She can reach up to all of our counter tops now and pull things off...grr!
Sweet thing!


No comments:
Post a Comment