Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 10, 2011

Our First Week

We had Miss Paislyn on Monday and we were released to go home on Wednesday (9-21).  She checked out great each day with the Pedi—passed hearing test, no jaundice, just a perfectly healthy baby girl.  Now mommy on the other hand was still in a LOT of pain, but all was okay.  Since she was down to 5 lbs 13 oz when we were leaving the hospital the Pedi there wanted her checked out on Friday (9-23) just to make sure she was growing.  We left the hospital around 5 p.m. (the worst time as that is rush hour traffic) and I think N was pretty nervous.  We got loaded and P and Mommy slept the whole way home.  He drove sooo carefully and slow it made my heart warm.  We got to town and went to get all of my pain prescriptions filled.  We arrived home around 7:30 to a sign hung outside by my parents and they had supper waiting for us.  We ate and they left and we quickly got settled in for our first night at home.  It went great.  I was soo glad N was able to be with us the whole first week.  He. Was. AMAZING!!!  I really did not do much at all that first week.  I think I only changed 1 diaper in the hospital.  He did everything for/with her (including cleaning her cord-ugh!)….I am so thankful to have such an amazing husband and involved daddy.  He LOVES his little girl to pieces!  Thursday went well and then Friday morning it was up and at em early as she had her appt. at 8.  Now I have always been a VERY punctual person but we were late getting out on Friday.  Trying to pace my time to get myself ready (when I was still moving very slowly) as well as feed and change her to be out the door.  But we did make it.  She checked out well at the DR. J  She gained 1 oz since leaving the hospital and weighed 5 lbs 14 oz.  Dr. said that is okay and just wants her back up to her birth weight on her 2 week birthday when we go back.  I have been worried about my milk production and we had to give her 3 of the formula nursette bottles since she was born.  We then took our first outing to Wal-mart.  Now, we did not want her out in public, but I didn’t want to just sit in the car either so we decided to take her in and leave a blanket over her car seat, get what we needed, then get out.  Then we headed to Walgreens and just Daddy went in.  When we finally got home we were all exhausted!  My mom has been coming over a lot and helping out with her and just holding her so we can get stuff done or just rest for a minute.  We are also blessed with such amazing friends and family and have had supper provided for us each night! J

Getting ready to go home


Loaded up and headed out

The beautiful sunset she got to come home to as we pulled into the house

She loves to burrow down into you and get comfy

Headed to the Dr.--Yes I did put her in the same outfit...she only wore it to drive home from the hospital and since we did not know she was a girl, she really did not have much other girly clothes yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment