We are 37 weeks pregnant and officially FULL TERM! Thank you Jesus for letting us make it this far! I had my weekly appt. Friday and things are looking good! I gained 6 pounds this time—which surprised me but the Dr. was happy since 4 weeks ago I had lost a pound, then 2 weeks ago I still did not gain anything, so she was happy seeing this. That makes a total of 26 pounds—right on track she says since I was considered “underweight” before pregnancy. Babies heart rate was 146—lower than ever but going down to get ready for the grand debut.
Now—for the EXCITING news! I am dilated ½ cm….WAHOO!!!! Haha…I know not much, still a long ways to go, & I know that I can go around like this for several more days or even weeks….it just makes me happy knowing that my body is actually doing what it is supposed to be doing and that progress is actually being made to get this sweet little one here to us!! YAY!!
We had an ultrasound and got to see the cutie on the screen again…wow! If we have a diva, she sure is lucky to have some voluptuous lips…if it turns out to be a little guy, haha! J N swears the baby has my nose from when I was a baby. They are predicting at this point that the little one is weighing just under 6 pounds. I was thinking this was a little small according to what I read and my e-mails, etc. but she reassured me that weight is okay. And hey I would much rather push out a 6 pounder over an 8 or 9 pounder, but I know those weights can be inaccurate and as long as we have a healthy baby (which we do at this point) I will do what I have to do to push him/her out (no matter the weight)! J
I also had my Group B Strep Test at this appt.
It was kind of funny when the Dr. was asking us if we had any big plans for this weekend since this could be the last or one of the last weekends we ever have without a baby….I had to take a look at N’s face and we both just said we were going to try and relax! J It was cute! She again went over everything about labor making sure we knew when to call the hospital because of labor, etc. She tried to reassure me again that we WILL make it to the hospital in time (even though we have a 1 hour 20 minute drive).
We go back next Friday to check things again and see if we have made any more progress…3 more weeks until D-Day!! WE.CAN’T.WAIT!!!!
In other news I SURVIVED the first week of school being 9 months pregnant…I have felt really good (other than still hobbling around because of the RL pain on my right side and the swelling foot/leg on the left side)…all of the kids in the hallway, cafeteria, playground, etc. are obsessed with my belly. They all want to touch it and ask if there is a baby in there. Etc??
Here’s hoping these next few weeks fly by and more progress is made by Friday! We are so ready to have our little one in our arms and are more than ready to meet him or her since we have been cooking for 9 months already!
Here are a few (of the many) pictures we have of our little cutie...such a sweet little face!



No comments:
Post a Comment