Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

THISCLOSE!!

We are seriously THISCLOSE to having a baby and I couldn’t be more ready!!!  I want the little one to stay in and cook for a few more weeks, but man this past week and a half I have gotten really uncomfortable and really miserable.  I have tried not to complain about much throughout the entire 9 months as I know so many people struggling to get to where we are today, but man these last few weeks are going to do me in (in a good way!).  We have 5 weeks left and now I start work again on Monday (when I am feeling the crummiest).  I am not looking forward to being on my feet again and will definitely miss sleeping in, taking a nap, and staying up late. Oh the life! J
On Saturday, Nathan and I decided to take a quick little get-a-way (before school starts and before baby comes) and we drove up to Galveston for the afternoon/evening.  We sat on the beach for a little while, then ate at Fish Tales outside overlooking the beach.  It was nice, but after hours in the car, then the heat, my poor feet were HUGE!  Thankfully I have a good man who rubs my feet with lotion almost every night.  My hands are always swollen after going outside or doing anything and my rings are hard to get off, but this morning I could not put my rings on my fingers were already big…..
In baby news…EVERYTHING is washed and put in place.  The big and little bouncy are put together, along with carseat, stroller, and high chair.  My mom brought a bassinet over the other day from a family friend and it is all washed and set up in our room.
My bag and baby bag are COMPLETELY packed and ready to go.  Labor & Delivery bag is most of the way packed and I have the list typed up for Nathan as to what he needs to pack when that time comes (because we both know he is going to go into panic mode and forget something if I am in labor)…I also have the list of what else he needs to load in the L & D bag (that I can’t do without right now) and a list of what all should be loaded into the car before we leave.
I have our “Labor Plan” typed up and in the bags along with the typed up spellings of the names we have chosen (just in case I am out of it and he is nervous) J.
I have been doing the usual cleaning and making sure everything is “baby ready” since I go back to school, however I have not hit the “nesting” phase yet.  Yes, there are things I want to do, etc. but I just do not have the energy to get them done and most of the time I am hurting from round ligament pains that I just can’t fathom moving around that much to get them done.
We have our last shower this weekend and I am looking forward to that.
N has been really cute lately about all the baby business.  He has been excited the whole time but I think since I am “with baby” 24/7 and am the one who mostly does everything in the room, organizing baby things, reading baby stuff, etc. while he is at work I think he sometimes “forgets” about it all.  So when he gets home and sees my big belly, or baby clothes packed up in our room, or all of the new baby gear everywhere he gets a reality check.  This past weekend we had bought our boy and girl outfits to wear home from the hospital, along with socks, mittens, etc. and I washed them all.  I had them laid out all over the couch to finish drying and to not wrinkle since we were in a hurry to go out of town.  That night when we were laying in bed (lately all we talk about in bed is BABY stuff J) he told me “all of these little clothes make me nervous and realize how close we are to having a baby”.  I said “it’s just now hitting you even though we have had our furniture and nursery done for months already and not we have baby gear all over the living room and dining room and the clothes did it to you?”  He replied “I know, it is just so real now since we really are so close..I am ready to have the baby, but nervous about everything at the same time.” It was way cute…..:)
I will post a 35 week picture this weekend…since I forgot to take a 34 week one.  Oops!
Back to the Dr. I go tomorrow for my 35 week check-up…yay! Will post what is going on with that sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment