GIRL!
Just kidding…well kind of…
Let me explain—I went back to work on Monday. It was not our “official” start day (Tuesday was) but our administration had planned a fun day back for us to spend some time together having fun before our real work started the next day. We had a scavenger hunt and then they provided us lunch. We had 6 different tasks to complete on our scavenger hunt. This was not a “bring an item back” scavenger hunt, but rather go to these certain places and take a “creative” picture to come back and share kind of scavenger hunt. Well…we did all of our stops but the Wal-mart one. We were to take a creative picture in Wal-mart…something out of the box that no one else would think of. Well…the whole drive around my group wanted to do something with my belly/baby since I am the only pregnant person at our school right now. It would be the most creative since no one else would have a “pregnancy” related picture. They racked their brains trying to figure out what we would do….I just went with the flow. We had a few ideas for Wal-mart, but when we walked in the door, there were already other groups of teachers doing those things. It was a rather odd trip to WM—7 women walking in (with NO purses) with a camera. We were not there to buy anything so I am sure we all looked VERY suspicious on the cameras! They suddenly decided we would create a “birthing scene” in the baby section. We started in the camping section where they got a cot. We carried it over to the baby section and set it up (I say “we” loosely as I just kind of watched it all unfold J). They then each went and grabbed a scrub top and put it on. On the way back to the baby section a towel, rug, wash cloths, pillow pet, and a BABY doll were all grabbed randomly to be used as props. When they were all ready (and had found someone to take out picture) this is what our “most creative wal-mart picture” looked like.
We won with this picture hands-down…we shared them when we got back to school over our lunch…I was quite embarrassed once the picture continued to be flashed on the screen and everyone laughed…but I was a great sport about it! My colleagues continued to tell me “see how easy it is to have a baby-lol”. They even joked that the baby came out fully-clothed, in braids, and tiny. They even think it is a “sign” that the baby was a girl—I am still thinking I am carrying a boy though! J
All-in-all we had a great time and I have this picture to add to my baby book…good times! I love my school and the ladies I work with! J Ready for a great school year!


No comments:
Post a Comment