Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Paislyn Update



My sweet little Paislyn is now 29 months old.  It is soo hard to believe this time last year she was 17 months old and a big sister for a few months already.  She has grown by leaps and bounds!! Some days/hours/minutes she is soooo sweet and loving and then can switch gears and be a typical 2 year old.

She has a very extensive vocabulary and you can understand most everything she says with the exception of when she tries to have a conversation like us and talk fast and then she just babbles!

She has become a picky eater which irks me!  She still loves fruit the most and does not like veggies.

I would say this last week she became completely potty trained ...she goes tee-tee on the potty all the time and it was hit or miss with #2 for a while, but after this weekend I would say we are all good in that department too.  After MONTHS Of working on it, I just finally went cold turkey and it worked!  She was going for us at home but not for the sitter so I just woke up one day and decided I was sending her to school in panties (I freaked out for a bit worrying about the car-seat on the drive but went with it anyways).  It worked!!! I picked her up in the same pants!!!  I even put her to bed that first night in panties....don't know what was going through my brain but I did it.  We went 2 weeks in panties at bed-time before she had an accident.  The accident woke her up and she came to our bed. We stripped the bed, put her in bed with us and she NEVER went back to sleep.  UGH!  THe same thing happened a few nights later so I have been putting her in a pull-up now at night if she is okay with it.  If she does not want one then I let her be.  Sometimes she wakes up dry and sometimes she doesn't. BUT during the day we are good!

She loves animals!  Any and all animals!  She told us the other day "I NEED a puppy!"

She is still in love with the Lion King but will also watch Nemo and Little Mermaid.  She loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

She loves her sister like crazy but can also be the source of B's meltdowns/anger. :)  She either wants nothing to do with her or wants to smother her (which B does NOT like).  She wants to hug her, hold her, etc. and it makes B so mad.

She says the cutest things like "you are my friend", etc. while putting her hand around your shoulders.

She is attached to her "blankie" and wants it all the time.  She is not a fan of going to sleep.  We fight her to sleep most nights...we did away with weekend naps since they were such a battle and without a nap she goes to bed WAY easier!

She loves being a helper and is a great one around the house and especially with Breckyn.

She likes to do everything we do...she wants to put on make-up, work out, etc. to be just like us.
She still LOVES to dance and sing.  She comes home singing new songs daily.  She even tells us (esp. over the dinner table) "shhh....I am trying to sing". :) HA!

 She has gotten sooo good at saying her prayers and loves doing it.  She can recite the whole “Now I lay me down to sleep…” prayer and says it completely on her own.  After doing it for so long with her every night she has it down pat.  She also can lead the other prayers that we say every night with her and then we add in whatever specific prayers we are adding that particular day. She reminds us at every meal that we need to say prayers to thank Jesus for our food.  She is soo cute and we are so proud of her young faith already.

Hopefully one day we will stop talking about Santa. And the elves. And the reindeer. And the sleigh. And milk and cookies.  You get the point?!?! J  It is a never ending conversation, everyday.  When she does something good we always talk about how that makes Jesus & mommy & daddy so proud.  She always has to add “and Santa too”.  When she is not following directions, etc. we say she is making Jesus, Mommy, & Daddy so sad.  Of course she adds “yes, making Santa soooo sad too.”  Inching into March and this is still daily.
Her little memory amazes me daily!  She does not forget anything.  It is good in a way but sometimes, jeez, I wish she would just forget already. J
She still loves any and all fine motor skill/crafty activities.  She loves to color, always wants to draw, LOVES to paint, play with play-doh, do small puzzles (meaning little puzzles with the teeny tiny pieces).  She has these leap frog letter cards she got last Christmas and she will sit and play with them for hours.  She will stack them, take them out, re-stack them, etc. and it keeps her occupied for sooo long.
She is a sweet little girl and although she has her moments, she makes our heart melt daily!



Before a jog...I had a headband on so she had to have one on too. :)

We closed her door one weekend when we were forcing her to take a nap.  I went in to check on her a while later and found her asleep with her baby on her little chair.


3 weeks from now this little cutie will be 2 1/2 years old.

She likes getting "big muscles" with us...she does whatever we do...soo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment