Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Breckyn Update

Sweet little Breckyn turned 14 months back on Jan. 24…I had this blog started then but life has happened and here we are almost at 15 months. J
She has become quite the little “firecracker” (for lack of a better term) J.  She is feisty, strong willed, and knows what she wants.  She adores her sister even calling her “ister” and loves to torment her as well.  They always want the same toys and it makes for many fights around our house.  They are soo physical and rough that I can’t imagine what it is like with 2 boys…(Dusty I feel your pain J).  They cat-fight like no other but Breckyn shows remorse immediately for whatever she might do.  She will hit her sister without thinking twice, pull out her bows (and hair), take her toys and run from her, BUT she immediately comes back leans into Paislyn and says “aww” (she is giving a hug and apologizing for what she has done in her own cute little way).
I am pretty sure I have said this before but for being the most laid back baby for the first 9 months of her life she is sure making up for it lately.  The girl is fast!!  She runs everywhere!  She is such a climber and will hike her leg up on whatever she can.  SHe sure is proud when she is able to get on something she shouldn't be on too. :)
She makes the most adorable chunky cheek/major duck lips face there is especially at the dinner table and we can’t help but crack up.
She is a pretty good eater for the most part.  She insists on having her food on a plate with a fork or spoon but a few minutes into the meal she pours the food off and gives us back the plate and the fork/spoon is used as a noise maker/food destroyer/chew toy and it makes for some un-fun floor scrubbing every night. UGH!
She loves bath time and runs to the bathroom door and whines until you give her a bath.  Now teeth brushing, that is an issue.  She refuses to let us do it...she grabs the toothbrush and you have to use both hands to pry it away from her.  It is sooo frustrating.  She refuses to let us help her!!
She is not nearly as vocal as her sister was.  She makes sounds, babbles, and has several words but I guess her sister makes up for her lack of talking.  Some of her favorite/more used words are: milk, mama, dada, sister, pup-pup (puppy), ball, bubbles, nigh-nigh, Minnie, nack (snack), wawa (water), duck, cack-cack (quack quack), side (outside), sock, eyes, ister (sister), hot, all done (when finished eating), more, ackah (cracker), and not-not (knock knock and she makes a fist to act like knocking all the way to the sitters house), and more.
She can point to and say eyes (her favorite—if you pick her up you are likely to get your eyes poked as she tells you what they are), nose, and ears.
She laughs a lot and it is soo cute!  She is overall very happy (except when hungry) and claps and dances and babbles.
She loves playing rough with her daddy and sister and loves climbing and flipping over Nathan if he lays on the floor to play with them.

SHe HATES shoes! And socks! UGH!  I finally gave up and don't even put shoes on her anymore until we get somewhere.  SHe also screams until she is able to get her socks off in the car too.  ugh!  Even in these 30 degree mornings she is barefoot in the car (which means Momma gets to freeze longer as I am digging around for the socks in the car to put on her before I take her out.):)
We are dealing with her food allergies and have learned to adapt.  There are nights here and there where I have to make her a separate meal if I am out of ideas for what we are eating and I resort to a casserole with cheese, etc.  That is the only frustrating times.  She LOVES her rice milk and always wants to drink it.  I only allow her to have 3 cups a day (breakfast, lunch, and supper) while drinking water in between.  We did give her first ever taste of juice the other day.  She got ahold of her sisters juice (which lead to an aforementioned cat fight) so I let her have it.  She only drank a few sips and wanted her water back. YAY!  She continues to follow in her sisters foot-steps and be a fruit lover.  Those 2 would live on fruit alone if we would let them.
Her hair is now long enough to do full pig-tails with and I think they are adorable!!! Her daddy thinks they are soo cute but does not like them on her because he says she looks too grown up! J
She keeps up with the “big” kids at day-care and loves to follow us around.  She is like her sister and does not sit down very often.  She keeps us on our toes.

She has finally accepted/settled into our bedtime routine.  THere for a while she would just scream when we put her in her bed (I used to rock her while nursing and she would go to sleep.  When we stopped that then I would still try to rock her.  Lately she won't let me and tries to get out of the room as she knows daddy and sister are out there.  It was a battle for a while!) Now, we read our bedtime book, say her prayers (she does fold her hands to pray), and I rock her for a minute if she will let me, if not I lay her down and talk to her for a minute and leave.  SHe does great now!
Her chunky cheek funny face!  Sooo cute!


She looks like such a toddler. :(

Her sweet grown-up piggy tails



No comments:

Post a Comment