Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Big Sister

I pulled all the pictures off of our camera last night and realized I hadn't posted pics of her big girl room.  We started her room back in July as I wanted it done before I went back to work (even though we knew we would not be moving her for a LONG time, I wanted it done because our time is limited during the school year.)  We got the basic stuff done and then after Christmas I got it completely organized and liveable.  She (probably more-so ME) is by no means ready for her BIG bed (I will let daycare work on the transition of sleeping out of a crib as she gets moved this week and then I will tackle that at home this summer), and we had planned to let her stay in her nursery for a long time and just keep the baby in our room still.  Well, Breckyn is a pretty light sleeper and will probably be moving to the nursery pretty soon, so we are borrowing a crib from my cousins so we can get the girls in their correct rooms and start that process.  There are ALOT of transitions going on around here this week so please pray for all of us girls to take them in stride!  She does like her room (and actually N says it is his favorite room in the house as he loves how it turned out) and plays in there alot.  Not sure how well she will take to moving in there to sleep when that time comes in the next few weeks though.  I do have all of her clothes in there already and it is a pain since the changing table is in the nursery but if that's our only inconvenience, oh well!







 Paislyn is a great big sister!!  Don't get me wrong, the first few weeks were ROUGH!  She has adjusted soo well and loves her baby to pieces!  Most moms worry when they get pregnant the second time "How will I love another baby as much as I do now?".  That thought NEVER crossed my mind (seriously!!)  I was just so worried how P would feel, If she would think we didn't love her anymore, if she would not feel as if she got enough attention, why we had another baby, etc.

At first, she would say "bye baby" and wave at her as if she wanted her to leave.  She also hit her several times, or simply wanted nothing to do with her (or didn't want us to pay attention to her either).

Now, the first thing she says in the morning when we go to her room is "baby" while pointing our of her room.  AND she will not go to bed without kissing her...she could care less about kissing N or I but if we forget to let her kiss baby she lets us know it.

There are still times when she gets rough with her but that is all because of her age and her simply not realizing how rough she can be.  She wants to hold her, rock her, bounce her, play with her, gets in her face and smiles and talks to her, etc.  I often catch her patting her back or rubbing her head or kissing her and it is sooo sweet!  She also really mothers her little babies.  She will pat their backs, feed them bottles, sshhhh them, and bounce them like we do our baby.  Anytime we pick B up out of the bouncy or swing she will go get her paci, burp rag, blanket, etc and bring to us.  Yesterday, B started crying in her bouncy and P ran to her carseat and got a paci and instead of bringing it to me like she usually does, she took it straight to her and tried to put it in her mouth....melt my heart! She is soo sweet!!!!

This week she gets moved up to the next class in her school (TEAR!!)  This will be her first move ever!  In her school they stay in the same room from 6 wks-18 months.  No, she is not 18 months yet (only 16) but in order to make room for Breckyn (since she is the oldest kid in the room), she has to move up early and I am soooo worried about her!  All of the other kids in this room are 2 years old already so she is a ways behind them.  This is how it was when P first started school.  She was the youngest, by 8 months, from November-May of last year when she was in school.  She now will move back up and be with that same group again.   I know she will be fine and will love playing with the bigger kids and getting to go out on the playground, however I just feel like she will think she is getting "kicked out" to make room for the baby!  UGH!  Being a mommy is sooo hard!!! I wanted them to stay together for at least the first month and even asked about it, but since they are full she has to move up!  She will be eating at the table, using utensils (which we do at home), and sleeping on a mat instead of a crib.  I hope she adjusts well and her teachers are good to her since she is still a baby.

Last night, I picked B up out of the boppy shown here and when I turned back around P had put one of her babies right in her place.

Holding one of her stuffed animals like her baby--she doesn't discriminate--she treats them all as babies!


She loves to entertain her sister and B just smiles away at her!


Holding Baby sister...

HAHA--she did this all by herself....she drug this brochure into the bathroom when she went to take a bath the other night so I took it and set it on the counter...the next day when she wanted to go potty (which she didn't) she picked it up and I thought this was hilarious so I had to snap a picture! :):)

I walked out of the living room the other day when both girls were in there and walked back in to see this...WOW!  SOOO SWEET!! :) She was patting her back!

She is going to be a great big sister and is such a sweet little girl already!




No comments:

Post a Comment