...our second baby GIRL!!! Here goes the condensed version of her birth story! :) Enjoy!
I woke up on Thanksgiving morning around 2 am having some contractions. They came and went until I got out of bed around 7. I had 1 or 2 more throughout the day on Thanksgiving, but that was it. On Friday (Nov. 23) I kept P home from school to spend alot of time with her. I did some online Black Friday shopping in the morning and N went hunting all afternoon/evening. I was 39 weeks 1 day. I took her for several walks and we played alot. Around 4 pm I started having contractions again. I had several in a row so I began timing them. They were around 10 minutes apart. I just carried on with Paislyn like nothing was going on. I fed her, bathed her, and played some more (just stopping to breathe through each contraction). I had a feeling this would be "it" so I did not want to put her to bed. I was still sooo worried about how all of this change would affect her. Nathan came home from hunting around 7:30 or so and I told him I had been having contractions since 4 ish. By this time they were down to every 7-8 minutes. I ate a little supper, took a shower, and started gathering last minute things. We knew it was "it" and he was in a rush to head to the hospital as each contraction was becoming more and more painful. We called the Dr. and they said to come in so we called my mom to come over and stay with Paislyn since she was already asleep. After much procrastination on my part ( I didn't want to leave P...) Nathan finally got me in the car right at 10 pm. By this time my contractions were already only 4 minutes apart steady. This was moving pretty quickly. N was pretty worried about me as he said I didn't seem to be in this much pain with P's labor until right at the end. We did the whole driving 80 with flashers on, etc.
We made it to the hospital at 11:15. Once I got in the room and all settled in they checked me and I was already at a 4. At my last appt (on Monday) I was a 1.5. I continued to labor for a while and finally got my epidural. At my next check I was at an 8. I did not sleep a wink that night (N dozed for a while on the couch). I was a 10 the next time they checked me (early that morning). They wanted to do a practice push with me and when I started they told me to stop right away. The head was RIGHT THERE! :) They called the Dr. in and got everything set up. 3 sets of pushes (9 total pushes) later we had a baby. I was so wrapped up in everything that I did not even think about us not knowing the gender until they said "what do we have dad?". He replied, "another Paislyn". We had another girl! He cut the cord and I did some skin-to-skin right away. He then watched as they did everything they needed to with her while they stitched me up (only 2nd degree tears this time :)). Overall, it was a fabulous birth experience!!
Breckyn Kate was born on November 24, 2012 at 4:35 am weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and measuring 20 1/4 inches long. She was perfectly healthy and barely cried (unlike P did after she was born)!! She was wide awake and remained bright eyed the whole time we were in recovery.
Before we went to the hospital...39 weeks 1 day...I only gained 17 pounds this whole pregnancy. WOOHOO!
Meeting Breckyn for the first time
Miss Chubby Cheeks...they are soo cute and squishy! :)
Bright eyed baby
Proud daddy with baby girl #2
First family pic minus Paislyn
First family pic of the 4 of us.
Sweet Big Sister!
Grumps & B
Grams & B
With Daddy
Getting ready to go home....she weighed 6'12" when we went home on 11.26.12
All loaded up......
The sign Grams helped P make to welcome baby home...:)
Snug as a bug...
Getting P used to the baby being at home.
"Hi baby"...this is what comes out of her mouth every time she is near Breckyn, along with her signature wave.
Holding baby....she was not interested.
All cozy in her new swing.
She is such a sweet baby. All she did in the hospital was sleep and eat (we usually had to wake her to make her eat). She stayed with us the entire time and we had a great stay in the hospital. She seems to be a pretty mellow baby and we are loving having our second baby girl! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment