Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Half-way there

Last Thursday marked the 20 week point with our little one.  I have not taken any belly pics thus far this time, but did on Thursday while we were on vacation.  We really are half-way there!  Seems so surreal!


I had my Level 2 Ultrasound/Anatomy Scan last Friday, July 6.  Everything is looking great with the little jellybean!  He or she is growing right on track weighing in at 10 oz which is perfect.  I did gain 3 pounds back which put me back at my starting weight with this one, so still no weight gain yet (it makes me nervous even saying that because I am scared it might all pile on at the end).  Everything checked out perfect and we got several pictures (but no good ones really).  This little one DID NOT want to cooperate (surprised?!?! I'm not! :))  He or she started out laying across my belly, and as soon as she tried to get measurements the baby went head down.  The lady was commenting at how active this little one was.  Well that is nothing new to hear when it comes to my babies...P was the EXACT same way and we never really got good pics of her because she moved ALL THE TIME!  After the initial movement the baby basically curled up in a ball with hands over head which made taking measurements nearly impossible.  It ended up taking 2 different people, me having to change postitions multiple times (they were hoping gravity would help), and lots of measuring the same things over and over.  A couple of times when they would put numbers in the computer it would not come out right so they would have to start over.  Eventually (after over an hour of my laying on the table) they were able to get enough measurements to see that everything was developing normally and right on track.

I am already having alot of round ligament pains/pelvic pain that I do not remember having this early on last time.  I had them BAD last time, but it seemed later.  Who knows...it is all just a blur lately so it could have been.  Also, the thought is that my body just did this not too long ago and keeping up with a BUSY almost 10 month old (on Thursday).  My Dr. hopes that since the pains are soo low this time it may ease a little as the uterus continues to rise further up.

I do have alot of pictures of the baby but we just got a new scanner and it is not yet hooked up correctly so I can't post right now. :(


Here's hoping for a smooth down-hill ride from here!  :)

1 comment: