Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 19, 2012

10 Months & 21 Weeks

Today is a pretty special day in both of our babies lives.  Our big baby turns 10 months old today (double digit months....sad!) and our littlest peanut is 21 weeks old today.

Here are some details I want to remember in the life of our 10 month old baby girl:

Wearing 9 month clothes
Size 3 Diapers

Takes 4 bottles a day and uses her sippy cup with water at all 3 meals and at snack time...I have tried doing her afternoon bottle in her sippy cup this week too.  She loves her sippy cup and is so good with it I didn't think it would be a problem, but she did not like getting her milk from it.  I guess she is only used to water with it, so when she realized there was milk coming out of it she was shocked.  (I plan to have her off bottles and off formula by the time we hit 12 months so we are slowly starting that now).

Has 4 cute little teeth---ALL on the bottom...she has even bitten me a few times this week.  Not that she is intentionally biting but she just wants to chew on my clothes and she ended up getting my skin too.  Those 4 little teeth still hurt.

SHe has never really put things in her mouth that shouldn't be there.  She won't just pick up stuff and put it in her mouth.  She does not even chew on her toys that are meant for her mouth. She likes fabric things in her mouth--burp rags, towels, clothes, blankets, etc. and paper, but not much else goes into her mouth.

Definitely seems to be right handed.

Has taken to her paci even more than before--ugh!  I wanted this gone at 1 year also but I am not sure that will happen.  She was doing sooo good only getting it in the car and while sleeping...now she wants it all the time and gets whiny if she wants it and we don't get it to her--I am thinking it has to do with teething.  She had NO problem with those first few teeth--I honestly didn't even know she was teething until I felt the teeth...now these other teeth trying to come through seem to be giving her more trouble.

She has started the spitting thing again...ugh!  It is funny at times but sometimes so inappropriate!

Her fastest and most used mode of transportation continues to be crawling.  She was doing so good with her walking taking steps without holding on to anything until we left last week.  She seemed to be depressed (more on that later) and kind of regressed in the walking department.  Now, we are working on building her confidence back up.

Eating more and more solid food everyday.  She still gets a little baby food -mainly only when we go somewhere but all solid food at home.  I am so ready to not have to buy any more baby food for a while. She seemed to like most all of her baby food (with the exception of the stage 3 things or anything with chunks), but seems to be much more pickier with solid foods.  She likes all the veggies but does not seem to like solid fruit as much.

Still acts shy around men especially but around strangers who try to talk to her.  She will smile then grab her head with her hand or lay her head on our shoulder. :)

Loves to go places and see everything.

Loves to ride in her little car and take everything in.

Still LOVES the water and bath time.

"Reads" books ALL the time....while playing, in the bath, in the car, at grocery store, restaurants, etc.  She prefers her books over her other toys.

Points at everything!  She points to people, things she wants to see, pictures in her books, etc.  It's cute right now but going to be a hard habit to break soon.

Talks all the time still.

Can throw some fits if she can't have what she wants....ie, the remote or our phones.

Party planning is in full gear--her party is less than 2 months away and I start my busiest time of year in August so each evening is spent planning the best party I can for my favorite little princess. :)

Since we got back from vacation I have gotten 2 naps from her/day....WOW!! Where has that been all summer??  It is nice and allows me to get so much more done.  When she is awake she is constantly pulling on my legs/shorts/whatever to be right where I am and into whatever I have....this even means pulling up on me while I am using the restroom...this girl is my constant sidekick from the time she wakes up til she goes to bed....we are both going to have some serious withdrawals come August! :(

Speaking of sleeping, she goes down sooo easy now.  If I give her the paci she will lay her head down on me and fall asleep (which she would NEVER do) or I can just lay her in her bed and she will lay there quietly and eventually fall asleep.  This is nice!  When summer started I knew I needed to get her self-soothing.  Now, she would sleep through the night, but wake up whining/crying a time or two and I would go in and put her paci back in and she was good.  With another baby on the way and her almost a year old we did a few nights of our version of "CIO" and I put extra pacis in the bed now and she has not waken up in the middle of the night for us in several weeks.  WOOHOO! Life is good! :)

Here are some 10 month pictures of our sweet little DIVA! :)




All smiles--check out all those teeth!


My beautiful blue eyed baby girl!

"How old am I again, Mom?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment