Our Sweet P turned 8 months old on Saturday....soo hard to believe she is almost reaching the point where she has been here in our arms almost as long as I carried her inside me....Here are some stats on Little Miss:
Wears 6 month clothes
Size 2 diapers
Has such a fun personality :)
Still just has the 2 bottom teeth that she got at 6 months....patiently waiting for some others to break through. :)
Still takes 5-6 oz bottles, but I have some big changes planned this week in the bottle/eating area as we inch closer to the 1 year birthday
Eats a fruit mix around 10-11 ish & has veggies and fruits around 6 p.m.--will start adding table foods and finger foods to the mix now that she is 8 months old.
She LOVES her fruits, it's hit or miss with her veggies still.
Loves to play with all of her toys so much now since she can chase them around the house and get stuck in new places with them. :)
Crawls all over--she does the cutest little crab crawl--she does not crawl on both knees..she crawls with her left knee down normally, but then has her right leg bent and uses her foot to get around--silly girl! :) It is soo cute though!
She pulls up to her knees mainly (or on one knee and the other foot), but can pull up all the way.
She gets into everything (even things she should not get into)...when she is doing something she shouldn't be, we call her name and say no, no....she immediately stops, sits back and grabs her head..it is so funny, but don't worry she goes right back to doing it until you call her again...smart little cookie! :)
She has to hold whatever we have, or something in her hands or she goes crazy. 2 examples--she has to carry her paper out of school while I carry her bags everyday. SHe and I walk to
She loves to clap and we clap about EVERYTHING!
Dances to her toys that make music
Has become even more addicted to her paci...she did real well for a while and only used it in the car and while she was sleeping...but ever since she started putting it in by herself she seems to want it anytime she sees it...not good! :(
Still flails her hands and kicks her feet...All.The.Time! This is especially problematic in the high chair and it never fails unless you hold her feet down, she will kick your arm right as the spoon is going in her mouth and then there is food everywhere...ugh!
Has started this spitting thing and if you are trying to wipe her face or something goes in that she does not like, beware because she will start spitting at you...this really burns her daddy up...:)
Speaking of Daddy, this chick is her daddy's girl through and through....she has him wrapped around her little finger and many times he can make her more happy than I can...and he loves it toO! :) She reaches for him, says Da-Da ALL THE TIME, even when she is crying/fussing so that makes me feel a little better. He does try to get her to say ma-ma too...she is just not having it yet...she will let him do things that she will fight me for...I am soo thankful she will go to him and is just not attached to me..hoping it stays this way once it is just her and I all day, everyday throughout the summer.
She loves her baths and she loves to be outside....she is oh-so observant and takes in all the sights and sounds of a new place.
She weights 16 pounds 12 oz....(fully clothed, with diaper, & paci) I know this to be exact for her 8 month birthday because we spent Saturday (her 8 month b-day) in Sugarland all morning at the Dr....UGH! This poor child! I picked her up Thursday from school and her nose was NASTY...runny, congested, and her eyes were yucky too and had a lot of stuff coming out of them. I was so mad---we finally got her allergies under control, she was well for a whole maybe 2 weeks, and now here we go again. Friday morning she woke up and her eyes were matted shut, red, and puffy. You could tell she could not breathe out of her nose and she was coughing a bit. She was in a good mood though and I was hoping with a little rest she would get better. Friday night she looked AWFUL but was not acting much different. During the middle of the night she woke up crying. N went in her room and the tried to put the paci in but it did not work. He came and got me and told me she felt hot and he had taken her temperature and it was 100.7. We started trying to get her temp down and brought her in our room so we could monitor her.
Saturday when she woke up we fed her (then she threw up the whole bottle--I think it was just all of the drainage/mucus that caused it) and she just laid around on us...SOOOO not like my child...she does not sit still to let you just hold her.
We called the Dr. and were able to get it...we headed out immediately. The Dr. came in, took one look at her, and said "I can almost bet you she has another ear infection"....Now, I thought this earlier as I figured since she had the runny nose again and stuff that it could cause another infection, BUT she had NEVER been like this yet...even back in January when she had RSV, Pneumonia, & Double ear infections she did NOT look this bad nor act this sick. She did indeed have another ear infection, a totally different strain this time, something along the lines of "humeranis influenza??" (sp?)...not at all related to the flu but this type of infection causes the eyes to be affected. She also was wheezing and he was concerned about her developing Pneumonia (again!)....Can we ever catch a break?!?!? This also means tubes ASAP. SHe has to be completely well though so when this clears up we have to head back to the Dr. for a Pre-Op exam to make sure she is completely healthy and then do the surgery...I was really hoping we could hold out 2 more weeks and school would be out and then she would be home with me and maybe stay well for a while.
He wanted to give her an anti-biotic shot to jump start the healing, gave her a prescription (which we had to go to several pharmacies before we could find it), instructed us to get her back on breathing treatments every 4 hours (even through the night) to help her breathing and hopefully ward off Pneumonia, and then said she might not be well enough to go to school on Monday...
We came home and she was clingy all day...she has never been like this when sick...Sunday we could not get her to drink her bottles (which is SOOO NOT like my child! I even gave her a tiny bit of diluted juice for the first time just to see if I could get her to drink anything--it did not work either!), and she basically cried if she could not see us or we were not holding her, and something has given her diarrhea which has lead to a diaper rash (how much should one tiny little girl have to go through?!?!). This week is our 9 weeks tests so luckily my mom was able to take off this morning and I stayed home with her this afternoon--AND hopefully she will sleep so I can rest too...we had a horrible night--she screamed if we tried to put her down and even cried when held and then we have to do the breathing treatments throughout the night too...this pregnant momma needs some REST!
Now, it just tears me up how sick she seems to always be! We absolutely HATE her being on medicine and it seems she has been on soo much lately...we always said we would not do it, but when your child is sick like this you have to do what you have to do....I question the Dr's as to why she is always so sick? Is there something we are doing wrong? Could it be something in our house or her school? What is going oN?????
I also feel guilty as we had set a goal of breast-feeding for her first year....I was only able to make 4.5 months for my own health reasons and then I became pregnant. I know every oz of breast milk she got for those 4.5 months was well worth it and are so good for her in more ways than one, but I still wish I could still be doing it. They have assured me that it is nothing he have/are doing, but that some babies are just more sick than others. I too, was a "sick" baby. I am really hopeful now that once we do the tubes (not that I am at all looking forward to that, I have just accepted it and am thinking positive about it) all of this will be behind us and we can have a WELL baby for a change! This is the first time she has ever acted "sick" while being sick and that makes it sooo much harder.
I have no 8 month photo shoot pics as she looks way too terrible to be taking pictures of--so sad this is the first month that she did not get her pictures taken on her actual b-day.
In other more exciting news...as we inch closer to the big "1 year" mark I have begun making party plans. I know, I know, I still have 4 months. However, her birthday falls right after the start of school and that is always a crazy time, her birthday also falls 2 months before we are set to welcome our new addition...I don't want to cheat her by being too big and tired to want to do much, so while I am off for the summer, I plan to have EVERYTHING done/bought/ready for her party so when the big day comes all I have to do it set it all up, get the food done, and enjoy the day. We decided on the decor...we are not big into "themes" so it is not really a theme, but more of a style...I have begun finding some super cute things to use, and am so excited to go all out party planning this summer....this little girl deserves it! :):)


They say that when the first one says Da Da first you will have a boy next... guess you should be preparing for a little boy! :) Hope P gets better soon! Take care!
ReplyDelete