Let me back up a little....on January 4th I had my yearly appointment with my Doctor. We informed her we had stopped BC, and that I was tracking everything. We had already developed the motto "whatever happens, happens", but were not actively "trying". I informed her the week before I had a pregnancy test (because I was sick, but was not pregnant), and asked her what were the steps to take if I did indeed get pregnant? She told me what to do, made sure I had her back direct line, and made sure I was already taking a pre-natal vitamin (which I had been), etc.
So-the next week when we find out I am indeed, pregnant, I told Nathan I was not even wanting to make the call. Surely they will think I am crazy--we were just in her office less than a week ago (I am thinking surely she could see something was different during the exam) and I tell her I am not pregnant because I already had a blood pregnancy test.....well I make the call the next day and make an appt. to come in for an ultrasound when I would be around 8 weeks.
So...January 28th Nathan and I both take off and are beyond excited to finally "confirm" the pregnancy and see our little Peanut!
We went straight in the room, had an ultrasound immediately and the first thing she said was "Congratulations! There is only one in here." This was funny at the time and I just had to look at Nathan's face...he had been tellling me all that week that his "Father's intuition" really thinks I was carrying twins. This had never crossed my mind as a question at the ultrasound. He is still determined that one could be hiding behind the other or something...he wants twins!
She printed us some pictures of our litte one--confirmed we are about 7 1/2 weeks--and confirmed our due date of September 18 (which I had already figured out on-line). We then went into her office to discuss all of our questions and concerns (which was a whole page long). My main one being about the antibiotics I was taking at the time of conception--I had taken the pharmacy papers for her to look at and everything and she immediately reassured me that there was nothing to be worried about and to just get the thought out of my head.
The hospital surely does not give you much time to bask in your "Newly confirmed pregnancy excitement" as they sent us straight to the financial office to discuss payment of the pregnancy. WOW!!! We knew babies were expensive and had already adjusted our minds as to where our money would be going (drawn out expense sheets and how many more months we had to save, etc)...but the amounts they threw at us and what we would have to pay by each appt. and then the bulk of it by month 7...ouch! But we will do whatever it takes and take it all as a blessing.
We then headed straight to Babies-R-Us and Target to look at baby furniture (we had been doing this for weeks online and couldn't wait to finally see the things we liked in person)!
Overall we had a great appointment and a great day and can't wait until Feb. 25th to go back and see how much our little one has grown!




No comments:
Post a Comment