We had been trying to catch my parents to tell them ALL week. Well they are ALWAYS busy or gone doing something, so it never worked out. I had asked sooooo many questions to my mom and sis throughout the week on e-mail and text, that I knew they were going to start growing suspicious. I had also told Nathan weeks earlier, that I was sure my mom and Cass would know even before we told them. Well my mom and sis had been recently throwing questions at me and most of them had to do with "why, are you pregnant?". After Nathan's family left I called my sister to see if they were at home and if everyone else was gone (alot of my family had been over all day making sausage). We had told them we wanted to come over and show them the V-day gift Nathan had given me (which was not true, but was the best thing we could come up with to be a non-obvious excuse to come over at such a random late hour). She said can I guess what it is? I said what...she said a baby? OMG!! They just won't stop! :)
So we drove over there at about 10 and I had fixed a plate of the blue and pink cupcakes for Cass and for Dad and gave Mom the box of chocolates.....they opened then and were so excited! Mom and Cass said they had already talked about what we were bringing and knew I was pregnant. Mom said she had been putting 2 and 2 together over the past few weeks and already knew it. They were really happy! This will be my parents first grandbaby and my sisters first niece or nephew. They could not be more thrilled!!!!
Overall, our plan was executed fabulously and we are happy to have been able to share our little secret with those we care about most!
The box of chocolates we used...
The US picture that was in the lid...
The "baby" cupcakes that were iced in pink and blue...
THe card we gave to our families...




No comments:
Post a Comment