We set up Paislyn’s big girl room last summer before B was ever born. I wanted it done and crossed off my list before the baby. She did not move into her big girl room until January or so and she moved in there in a crib we borrowed from my cousins so we could move B into her nursery. She sees her big girl bed everyday but has never really shown interest in it. Sometimes she would sit up there lately and read her paper back books (if she sits low B will tear them up). I had no plans until at least Christmas break to even start that transition. 2 weekends ago at nap she pointed to it and said “I wanna sleep in THAT bed”. I obliged (although it had no rail and was in the middle of the room) and figured she would play in it for a minute and then be ready for her baby bed. I tucked her in and she NEVER moved and fell asleep. I kept checking on her to make sure she wouldn’t fall out and she woke up and was happy as a lark.
She never said anything about the big bed that night so we continued with the baby bed. This past weekend I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed. She said she did. So Saturday morning we got busy rearranging her room so the bed would be up against the wall. Nathan’s mom gave us a bed rail a while back (hence the reason it is blue) she had at her house and we set it all up. We put her in it at nap and she just laid there singing and playing with her babies forever! She finally went to sleep. Her bed is REALLY high and we told her when she wakes up she just has to call us to come get her and not get down herself. She did just that! That night we did it again and she was excited and never asked to go back to her baby bed. We are having an issue with her falling asleep in her big bed though. She just lays there forever talking, singing, and playing with her blankets and babies instead of sleeping…not sure why this is but whatever, she is not getting out of bed so we let her be.
Here are some pictures of my BIG girl! I am sooo proud of her for initiating this. She directed the way on this one and she looks sooo tiny in her big ole’bed!


No comments:
Post a Comment