Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2013

15 months


I have all these posts ready to go (because they are soo behind) and for several days now Blogger will not let me upload any pics! UGH!! So frustrating...so I am going to post the blogs anyways and hopefully soon I can reconcile the problem and then get the pics posted...hopefully I can finish Christmas before Valentine's Day rolls around....



On December 19, Paislyn turned 15 months old.  Here is just a quick update about some of the things going on with her right now.

Weighs 21 pounds

According to her Dr. she has all of her teeth in or breaking through except for her 2 year molars which should be a ways away…J.  She HATES me looking in her mouth though so I see all the little pearly whites when she smiles or opens her mouth, just can’t get a clear look very often.

She seems sooo big to me, not sure if she really is or not.  It seems like she was a baby the day B was born.  Ever since we have had Breckyn, it seems like she has just grown up soo much!  Crazy!!

Although things started out a little rocky with her and her new little sister, she loves her sooo much now and cannot get enough of her.  She wants to kiss her All. The. Time. And hug her and pat her and on and on….we have to watch her sooo closely so she doesn’t hurt her.  She is not intentionally doing it she is still just a little rough or will try to use her to push herself up, etc.  She constantly wants to give B her paci (even when she does not need it).  If we pick Breckyn up and walk off, Paislyn is usually right behind us dragging a blanket or burp rag or something for her.

She talks ALL THE TIME!  She babbles on and on and repeats everything we do or say.  The NEW words that she says so clearly are: flower, dog (instead of just puppy), apple, Christmas tree, Santa, a few people’s names, elephant, tractor, couch, poopoo potty, water, I love you (which comes out more like I lwuwb ewe and it melts my heart EVERY time…so adorable!), and so many more!!

Now that she can communicate so much better, she can follow simple directions, answer simple questions, and let us know what she wants.  She does not have all the words so there is still the frustrated whines, etc. but overall she can usually get her point across.

It feels like we are already in the terrible 2’s….not sure if it is just the transition with the new baby, or totally normal.  Either way she is soo testing our patience on a daily basis.  She loves the word “NO” and puts a lot of emphasis behind it when she says it.  UGH!!  She also knows when she is not supposed to be doing or touching something.  She will touch something and look at us with a guilty look and say oh  so sweetly “no, no”….then turn her head and ever so slyly do it anyways!  UGH!   This kid feels no pain either.  She bumps her head, falls down, etc. and never even cries. 

If I start counting (not that she is even old enough to get the concept yet, but I still do it) to get her to do something…I will say “1” and she looks at me and says “2”….OMG!  It is so funny yet so frustrating!  This chick is too smart for her own good!

Going to church has become a nightmare and not because we have a new baby.  The baby part is easy in church, Paislyn is a little toot though!  Nathan usually spends most of the mass in the back with her.  It is hard to blame her though as she is such a mover and shaker and then we expect her to be pinned in one spot and sitting still and quiet….oh my!

It is a battle getting her out of the bathtub.  You tell her come on get out and she crawls away and practically lays flat in the water saying “No” because she does not want to get out.

Over the Christmas break she started saying “poop”…yes, I know, great word…I can see her already shouting it in church or some other quiet place. OMG!  Then she started saying poop and grabbing her diaper.  My mom and N both said if she is saying she is ready then let her use the potty….I have a NEWBORN and was not ready to be running to the potty with P too…she is only 15 months old too!  I have already given P a bath while I nursed B, I don’t wanna be lifting P on and off the potty with B on the boob too (sorry, TMI!).  Well I bought a little potty seat and we decided the next time she said it we were going to take her.  Well, we put her on there and she peed!!! OMG!  What we just knew it was a fluke but we did the potty dance and cheered and clapped and she was soo proud!  Well she keeps doing it and when we put her on the potty she usually does nothing or she says it right after she poops.  Then it turned into a game and she just wants to go in there all the time because she thinks its fun. UGH!  She will stand in front of the bathroom door saying “poopoo potty” until you let her go.  Well yesterday she kept saying it and I kept ignoring her.  Finally after like 6-7 minutes of constant “poopoo potty” I decided to take her just so she would be quiet.  Well as soon as I put her on she peed again.  She started smiling so big and clapping.  I definitely would not say she is potty training yet, but she loves practicing for when the time comes, and if it happens then great!  Buying diapers for only 1 baby would be great!  Her afternoon teachers at school told me she was saying it at school yesterday too.  This did not come from us either….this was all led by her.  The only thing we did was buy the little seat and take her in there when she asks.  She has actually gone a few times, but more often than not she just wants to go and now she loves flushing and washing her hands.  UGH!  The funny thing is that now she wants toilet paper and I gave her some the other day and she knew what to do with it without me even showing her…oh my…guess she has been in the bathroom with me too many times!  LOL!!

She gives the sweetest hugs and kisses.  She will randomly come up and hug us and say “awww”…so cute!

We have started letting her use forks and spoons and try to feed herself.  Yes, I had to give up a little control and deal with more mess but she has got to learn someday, right?!?!  She likes the independence and is slowly getting better.

She is such a girly girl and now anytime I have lotion or chapstick or anything like that she comes and stands right in front of my with a little grin waiting for me to give her some.

She is getting better at sitting and playing by herself for longer periods of time.  YAY! J  I love watching her now that she is able to pretend play better and use her imagination.  She is at such a fun age!!!  With the exception of the little tantrums and the attitude and defiant behavior (LOL!) she is such a joy right now!!!  N loves that she is older and understands more and he loves rough housing with her—she is a tough cookie!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment