Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

As hard as it is to believe, our little Diva is 6 months old today...tear from this Momma! :( I am sooo glad and thankful she is growing correctly and developing so well (AND thankful she is such a GOOD baby!), however I just wish time could slow down so we can more fully enjoy these "baby" moments a little more.
Here is what Little Miss is up to these days...I am LOVING this age soo much right now! She is tons of fun! :) She is so active, energetic, and such a little ham! She brings soo much JOY to our lives and we are soo thankful she is OURS!
She is wearing some 3 month clothes, some 3-6 month clothes, & some 6 month clothes.
Size 2 diapers
She gets 6-5 oz bottles during the week & 5-6 oz bottles on the weekends. She eats REAL :) food between 10-11 am (We did carrots all last week & started sweet potatoes on Saturday--she is a fan of both!) and then still gets oatmeal in the evenings when we eat our supper.
She is soo interested when we eat and drink--she opens her mouth and everything to try and have what we have! :) We started playing with the sippy cup yesterday....this is only for her evening meal practice.
Her adorable little feet/legs are ALWAYS crossed--so feminine! It is soo cute! THis sometimes makes her lose her balance when she is sitting up on the floor on her own though.
This little girl LOVES the tags on anything and everything--she will fore-go her toys just to play with tags.
She is now sleeping back in her own bed for a week now--she is finally well enough to sleep laying down! YAY!! She loves it! AND I am slowly learning to face my fears and accept that she will sleep on her tummy and NOT her back and I am leaving her alone at night and not flipping her back over.
She is a little roly poly. We lay her down (or sit her down now) and walk away for a minute and walk back and can't find her--my heart has stopped more than once already over this. She rolls her way around the room until she gets where she wants to be....oh my! I think I just might lose this baby weight when she starts crawling! :) LOL
We bought everything we needed to baby proof our house this weekend...we can already tell it won't be long and it will be MUCH NEEDED!!
She gets really excited over many things and when she does she starts flailing her arms and kicking her legs...it is so darn cute! If you are holding her and her bottle she is going to bruise you from her kicks and you better be holding her tight or she just might lunge out of your arms! OMG--I tell you she is a MESS! :) A super cute one at that! :)
She has this shrill little scream/shriek she does. She has discovered she can do and uses it to her advantage to get what she wants...if you are holding her it is LOUD!
I love her sweet little voice when she is talking....she makes these little facial expressions that match her voice and it is adorable! She goes from frowning to smiling and back again all while changing the tones on her voice! I love watching her play with her toys also as she does this. OH--if I could just jump into her mind for a little bit to see what she is thinking.
Her baby hairs are falling out-I thought if that was going to happen it would have already happened--her hair looks kind of funny--it is just these LONG pieces on the top and looks like she has a comb-over...it is starting to curl on these humid days.
She was also such a dark skinned and dark haired baby at birth and for like the first 2 months...she is now VERY fair complected & has blondish-reddish hair...my little baby doll!
She is still an extremely Strong, strong-willed, stubborn little girl! I have to admit she gets it honestly though but she is still such a sweet baby!
She cries when Nathan or I leave the room....she likes to see us and does not like it if she can't.
Crawling-by no means is she crawling yet, but she does push real high up on her arms and then she scoots her feet under her in the crawling position…BUT she has not mastered putting them together and doing both at the same time…J She looks like a little frog though and it is cute…but what is not cute about her??? (I can say that since I am her mom!) J
We were able to change her earrings Friday since it has been 6 weeks…YAY!! I wanted to put in some pretty pink studs and we did, but since the poor baby has such light skin and hair you couldn’t really see them, so Daddy got to pick Plan B and she got some really cute little green flowers made out of rhinestones in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.
No teeth yet but all of the signs are still there….have no clue when those little things will pop through---I am really hoping they just hold off a little longer as I LOVE LOVE LOVE that adorable little gummy smile.
Since she loves her exersaucer sooo much and spends soo much time in there she now has a habit of jumping/bouncing all the time. She does it all through church, on our laps every chance she gets, I even caught her “jumping” in her sleep the other day in her rock n play.
Happy 1/2 Birthday Baby Girl!! We love you to the moon and back and are unbelievably blessed that God chose you to be our daughter!! :):)

We rocked a mini shirt for our 6 month birthday! :)


SHe loves to prop her feet up on everything....this is how she was relaxing earlier!


Poor baby crashed like this earlier--she was wore out like Mommy from her first day back at school/work. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment