Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

Exteme Couponing (In Training)...

So...I don't know if any of you have ever seen the show or at least the previews but Nathan and I have watched an episode or 2 in the last 2 weeks.  These people are amazing...I know I would never have the guts to do the things they do, but WOW the savings!  I also don't find it necessary to have your own grocery store with 50 boxes of deodorant, toothpaste, etc. but I am a girl who always loves a saving or discount!  I have never been above coupons and do use them every chance I get but especially during the school year, I don't have the time to do the searching, etc.  So, this week with me being off I have spent some time clipping coupons and I just have to share my story from yesterday with you all.

Since registering at Target and Babies R Us for the baby, we were given a ton of coupons that I just stuck in a bag in the babies room.  Nathan's aunt also gave us a box of MANY packs of diapers, wipes, and coupons, and I receive alot of baby coupons in the mail too.  All of these were just thrown in this bag in the babies room but I sat down Monday (while our electricity was out due to the storm:)) and started going through ALL the little pages and cut out every coupon (it took about an hour to do I had so many). 

Yesterday, Nathan and I spent the day in Houston for various reasons.  We went to Babies R Us because our toddler rails for our crib had come in and we wanted to do some more research on breast pumps.  I had a coupon for pacifiers that I was able to use there...but the really big savings came when we went to Target. I received a thing in the mail as a thank you for registering at Target--it was a coupon that said to print out your Target registry and take it with the coupon to Customer Services to get a FREE $20 gift card...boy was I ready to use that...I was hoping between that gift card and all my coupons I could really rack up and not have to pay that much.  I had a lot of diaper and wipe coupons (and you know diapers and wipes are NOT cheap)...I of course wanted to use the ones for the biggest amounts first.  I found the diapers that my cousin wants for her baby and then got 3 more packs for us  (our diaper collection is already pretty big from my school shower--and I am kind of leery of getting too many just in case our baby is allergic to a certain brand or we find we don't like them, but with these kind of coupons I figure if for some reason we do not want/can't use them, there are plenty of babies being born lately that I can find someone who can use them).  I had a coupon for each pack.  I then got a pack of wipes for my cousin and a huge bag of refill wipes for us (each with a coupon).  I had a coupon for a FREE 6 pack of newborn formula nursette bottles (which I am hoping we will not ever have to use, but I got them just in case since they were free--priced at $7.99).  A 3-pack of bottles (with a coupon), 2 pack of caps/mittens for baby (with coupon), and bib (for Father's Day).

So--

4 packs Diapers
2 packs Wipes
6 Formula Bottles
3 Bottles
2 pack cap/mittens
1 Bib

When we got to the counter I had a coupon for each and every item and was nervous they would not let me use ALL of them...the total rang up for $89.11....I handed her my coupons and she started scanning.  Every one of them worked.  It brought my total down to $59.11.  That is $30 in coupon savings!!! :):)  I was already on cloud 9!! Then I had my FREE $20 gift card which brought the total down to $39.11!!  I could totally handle that from everything we had bought.  Then, to top it off I got a $5.00 gift card back for purchasing 3 packs of Huggies diapers to use on our next visit and more coupons printed out for wipes and bottles which she gave me...so next time I can get at least 2 packs of wipes FREE and save on other baby necessities!!

I was soo happy and Nathan was just as excited for all I had saved us.  He could not believe it.  I have not bought anything this week without a coupon, and I am hoping to stay on this trend....especially with a little one on the way in less than 100 days!!! :)

Nathan called me Extreme Couponing in Training (Hence the blog title) since I didn't save like $800 like the do on the show...but hey it is a good start! :)

Just wanted to share my little success story about baby shopping as I am still pumped about it!  Here is hoping you all have a FABULOUS weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment