Friday I had my appt. in Houston. I went in cautiously as 2X already I have ended up in the hospital, but we were in and out way quicker than ever and things are going well. YAY!! I got there and had to go downstairs and drink the "juice" to get my glucose test started, then I headed up to see my Dr. I gained another 4 pounds (which puts me at 15 total)...Nathan and I always guess what my weight will be on the way to the appts. On Monday last week he told me he did not think I had gained that much probably only 4 pounds. Well, Friday he told me he had changed his mind and was going to go with 8...OMG (It was all those cupcakes that made him change his mind:)). LOL! The heart-rate was a good, strong 153-154. She measured my stomach, we discussed the pain/changes, etc. She thinks that since I have not had an increase in pains/pressures that my cervix should still be okay but we will be checking it again. She again just reminded me to take it easy and stay off of my feet when I can.
We talked more about those round ligament pains I have really BAD (the good thing is that she told me how to differentiate between the round ligament pains and the cervix pains and alot of the pain I have been having lately is round ligament pains because they are only with MOVEMENT--so that is good news.) I can handle that! Also, she stressed that this poor baby just does not have much room because of my shape/stature...I have such a small torso that it is causing alot of these RL pains...again these will only continue to get worse the bigger I get, but we will just deal and it will be so worth it in the end.
She talked to me about whether or not I would be wanting to get an epidural??? Because of the spinal surgery I had 13 years ago this poses a little more of a problem than with most normal women (surprise, surprise??? Why should anything be easy/normal now???) She will be calling the anesthesiologist to get me set up to go over and visit with them at my next appt. so they can assess whether or not I will be able to receive one and if so, they have to decide where exactly they will be able to go in and give it. The last time I visited my back Dr. at Texas Childrens Hospital he told me to go up to this one floor and request a copy of my latest X-rays on a CD to use in the future when I wanted to have a baby..WOW! I have kept up with it all this time and hopefully it will be very beneficial to the anesthesiologists to see what they have to work with.
After my short and sweet visit it was back downstairs to have the blood-work done to complete the glucose procedure.
No news is good news according to my Dr. on the Glucose results. So, if they do not call this week that means everything is good...fingers crossed! :)
I will start going back every 2 weeks now that I am in my 3rd Trimester, but since my Dr. is out of town in 2 weeks, I will go back in 3 weeks this time.
We had a great weekend getting more things done around the house in preparation for little one to arrive...I wanted to add another shelf in the closet to have more organizing space so my husband being the patient one he is installed the one we bought on Friday. We also got a towel rack and put that together for the baby bathroom to hold all of his/her cute little towels we already got at my first shower.
I will leave you with a 28 week picture. I must say I think the camera does add 15 lbs. :) When I look in the mirror I do not think I look this huge, but thses pictures make me feel like I have already gained 30. LOL! Nathan always tells me I don't look like I have gained that much weight and when I complain about my feet hurting etc, he says it is only an extra 15 pounds you are carrying (ONLY!)....well the other day he picked me up and groaned and put me back down pretty quick...I asked him if I was heavy or what..he said not heavy....I said can you feel that extra 15 lbs? He said yes...well there you go, so can I! :)
One more thing...I had gotten used to random people's comments and everyone touching my belly a long time ago as soon as I started showing...does not bother me at all anymore...however, yesterday afternoon we ran to Sutherlands for a few things (right after we had eaten lunch so I was already feeling bigger than a cow), when the man at the checkout in front of us asks..."boy or girl?" I responded with "it's a surprise..." His response maybe "it is twins....looks like it could be twins or triplets" as he motions across his own belly that mine is big and spread out...ha..not funny Mister. Especially when it is 100 degrees outside and I am pregnant. The cashier made a noise and face at him and then when it was out turn she remarked how "not nice" his comment was....really? I already feel big...no need to point it out and say it is twins or triplets when you have no idea how far along I am, etc....UGH! Some people!!


No comments:
Post a Comment