As previously stated, we had a little get-a-way this weekend to celebrate both of our birthdays as well as our baby-moon. Friday was a half-day for the kiddos so I took off and we left Friday morning. We headed straight to San Antonio. Nathan had booked us a room on the river-walk and we were quite excited!! We checked into our hotel early afternoon and quickly got settled.
We headed out to meet some friends for supper and to catch up. I had not yet gotten to meet precious little Taryn since she arrived so early, so we finally got to meet them and catch up. We went to the restaurant in Bass Pro Shops and afterwards the guys walked around while I got to visit with Tammy and feed Taryn. She is so adorable and Tammy is looking great! :) We then headed to Target because for some reason I did not pack any shorts…well I know the reason is probably because I know none of my shorts will fit me at this point and my legs are ghostly white. Also, I did not think it would be hot (since it had been quite cool last week) so I only packed jeans. It never hit me until I noticed everyone in SA was wearing shorts and our car thermometer read 97 degrees. It got me thinking that there would be no way I could walk around all day outside in pants. We went to Target and I found 2 cute pair of maternity shorts that fit good now and I can still grow into. We headed back to the hotel and just hung out. What a great evening!
Saturday was my birthday….we woke up, went to breakfast, and headed out on the River walk right away. We went to SA 2 summers ago for our vacation, so we had already done Sea World, the Alamo, IMAX, etc. so we were looking for different things to do. We visited the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum and the Wax Museum, we shopped a little, and just walked around some more. I got really hot in the afternoon, so we went back to the hotel to cool off and I took a nap.
That evening we went to supper then I wanted to go to this Comedy Club show. Well, after supper we walked for a little bit…then Nathan said we needed to go back to the hotel. I was kinda irritated since we had just walked so far AWAY from the hotel and if he needed to go back to the hotel, we should have gone right after we ate since the restaurant was right by the hotel (but I just rolled with it since we were on vacation). Well, later I found out he had to kill a little time for a reason. We walked in the room (it was dark in there) and it was FREEZING! I walked straight to the thermostat to make it warmer and saw all this stuff laying on the table. I had just cleaned everything in the room before we left so there was nothing on the table when we left. He was still standing at the door just watching me and I turned around to see if he saw what I saw..he was just smiling! J I thought the hotel did it, well they did but it was all from him and he had set it up with them to do it. There was a chocolate decorated platter with chocolate covered strawberries and plain strawberries (for me), a bag of starburst jelly beans (my favorite!), and a card from the hotel staff (wishing us both Happy Birthday & congratulating us on our pregnancy). He purposely set the thermostat colder before we left (without me knowing)" in case they brought the strawberries early"—he wanted them to stay cold (WOW—he even thought the whole thing out!). It was REALLY sweet and I can honestly say one of the FIRST surprises he has ever pulled off without me knowing or suspecting ANYTHING!!! He did good with this one. We sat around and ate and chilled…then headed out to the little concert thing we could hear from our balcony window. We had a great evening!!
Sunday we headed out (unfortunately!!) We went to eat and then went shopping (for maternity clothes for my birthday as mentioned in the previous post). We also spent like 2 hours in Babies-R-Us trying to finalize our stroller/car seat selection. It was only fair since we started our Registry last weekend (on N’s birthday) that we spent a lot of time there on Sunday…neither of us minded one bit though! JJ (BTW--We still did not make a decision and have 3 sets to research and decide on.) J
Our priorities have already changed and everything is focused on this precious little one. I usually make a BIG deal out of his birthday and am always equally excited for my own..this year they kind of came and went and they were not as big of a deal. We are more worried about our little one than we are spending time/money on ourselves and we would not have it any other way. I told N we had to get something for the baby as a souvenior of our baby-moon weekend, and we did come home with a few.
We had a great weekend and I was so sad to see it end! We made the most of it and truly enjoyed every minute! I am more and more thankful for my husband every day!!!
One of the only pics. we took of us...it was hot! :)
26 Birthday & 17 Weeks


Look at that baby bump! I love it when we are at this stage of pregnancy and people look at our belly and wonder if we are pregnant or just have a big belly!! LOL
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute with your baby bump! It seems like yall had a lot of fun in SA.
ReplyDeletehmmm....Starburst jelly beans?!?! reminds me of our ACTS retreat and our jelly bean stash that Suzanne had!!!! :)
ReplyDelete