Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Growing, Growing, Growing!

Well it has been a while and I am loving the fact that I actually look and feel pregnant and others are noticing it too.  I love being pregnant…I know some think I am crazy but I have had such a great pregnancy thus far and I am really trying to enjoy and savor each and every minute with our little one growing inside me.

I am, however, already tired of the opinions.  It is amazing that everyone thinks they know your body, or what is best for your baby, or how big you should or shouldn’t be, etc.  Also, the fact that my belly has now become public property.  Everyone thinks they need to touch it…now I do not mind friends and family and people we know at all, but complete stragers (i.e. waitresses, etc) that is a different story.  Actually, I am so proud of this baby bump I am rockin’ right now that it does not matter to me, but it bothers Nathan a little more.  He is pretty protective already of his little peanut growing inside this bump.

We have our big appt. on Thursday.  We could find out at this appt. what we will be blessed with but since we are choosing to wait until birth and not find out, I will not have any big news on that front to share with you all.  I have been meaning to do a big blog post on that exact topic and have not gotten around to it yet, but it is coming soon.  We will be getting all of the measurements and finally getting to see our little one again.  At our first 2 appts. we had ultrasounds, then the last one was only a heartbeat and visit, so we are sooo thrilled to be able to see the growth and changes that have taken place over the last 8 weeks. J

In other news, I have been able to feel the baby move. :):):):)  It started on Friday (Good Friday).  I feel a little flutter or pinch (totally painless) here and there to remind me of the precious little one I am carrying.  I absolutely LOVE feeling the baby!!  It is just one more of God's little reminders to cherish every minute of life. :)  I always tell Nathan about it, but I cannot wait until he is also able to feel the little one moving, kicking, and punching.  His favorite thing to say now when he talks to the baby is "kick once if you are a girl, twice if you are a boy". :) 

We are anxiously awaiting Thursday's big appointment and I will update with pictures :)  after that.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment