Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Not What I Needed...

Being that I work around a million little "petri dishes" day in and day out...little ones that are full of breeding bacteria that forget to cover their mouth as they cough ALL over you, wipe their noses all over their hands and then touch my things or hug on me...you get the picture...I was VERY surprised/thankful that I managed to make it through my first 12 weeks without ever getting sick.  I did not even have the so-called "normal" morning sickness or anything like that.  Sure, I have been nauseous and I gag ALOT (over anything that looks gross or any smell or even something as simple as hair in the bathtub drain) and I have always been the one in our relationship with a super strong stomach.

Well, I got up to teach Saturday school last weekend and my throat was hurting.  I came home and took a nap hoping it would all just go away.  Sunday I awoke with a sore throat, headache, and my eyes hurt really bad.  I still took it easy.  Monday, I felt just fine until later that evening my chest got really heavy and I couldn't stop coughing or breathe well.  This continued on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Wednesday night I started throwing up...UGH!  I am days out of my first trimester and NOW I start throwing up....what is going on?  I didn't sleep well on Wed. night because I was up coughing so bad.  Now, I was stuck figuring out what to do.  I had not taken a single thing at this point, because I know it is not good for the baby (even though they gave me a list of things that are "okay" to take if you need to).  I decided I should just have it checked out before I developed pneumonia or something that would even be worse for our little one.  I ran into Convenient Care Thursday morning before school.  He decided I have bronchitis (not surprised) and gave me a prescription that was safe for the baby (He probably thought I was crazy and I kept asking "you are sure this is not going to hurt the baby?")  Nathan went and had it filled for me and I made sure he asked the pharmacist as well to make sure I would not be taking anything that would hinder the baby's development.  Well, Thursday night I start throwing up again....UGH!  I was praying this would not be a trend and I would not be the crazy woman that gets all of the yucky 1st trimester stuff in the 2nd trimester....remember my earlier post about never being normal!?!?!

Anyways, I am feeling much better today! Nathan and I worked in our yard yesterday and he completed a few honey-dos for me so I am feeling much better about that.  Now, hopefully I will be feeling great and have a very productive Spring Break.

On another note, I am patiently waiting for my little bump to "pop out" any day.  Nathan and I can tell a difference, but it just looks more like fat and not as cute as the baby bump.:)  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Be nice -- you know you are carrying a little "petri dish" yourself! :) Glad you're feeling better!! Happy Spring Break!!

    ReplyDelete