Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Anniversary Surprise

1.11.11

1 ½ year anniversary and POSITIVE pregnancy test!

Let me rewind and catch you up on some prior information.  We had discontinued all forms of birth control a couple of moths earlier (with the thought that it was going to take a while to conceive—we were not actively trying, just going with the theory of whatever happens-happens!).  I have never been considered “Normal” with anything in regards to health.  My poor parents are still in debt paying medical bills from me and a lot of our portion of money goes to health care as well.  If it is strange or un-common, chances are a doctor has probably mentioned it to me before.  With that being said we have been through a lot of “physical therapy” in order to even get to the point of even being able to get pregnant.  I figured I would not be able to get pregnant “normally or quickly”.  Therefore, I had already begun charting for a few months and had even just read (during the Christmas break) the whole book “What to Expect Before you are Expecting” hoping to get a few more pointers on how to prepare my body and what to do to encourage your body to accept a new life (as you all know I am a planner by nature and very meticulous about how things get done).

I was sick the week after Christmas and went to the Dr.  One of the first questions he asked me was “Could you be pregnant?” 
Me-“Well I guess I COULD be” (knowing in the back of my mind probably not and that thought has not even crossed my mind). 
 Dr-I want to do some blood work to see what is wrong and can I do a pregnancy test too? 
 Me-sure (thinking I would get the results right away and that would determine what meds. He would prescribe me--wrong!)

WRONG—they tell me they will call me in a few days and he prescribed me an antibiotic.  Fast forward a week later and I finally call to check the results and they said “Negative”.  Great.  No problem.  We were not actively trying anyways.  So we go on with our lives! (Now I realize it was just too soon to tell at that point)  School was back in session , evening routines were back in place and we were living life.

The next week I was a day late (no big deal figured my body is still adjusting to no birth control), then I was 2 days late (okay still maybe adjusting—I was meticulously charting and thought maybe I mis-calculated something), 3 days late (okay I get it –let me just take a test to check)….

Lo & Behold I see a big ole fat + sign! WOW!  SO many  emotions ran through me and I only had a little time before Nathan would be home so I had to stop shaking and figure out a special way to tell him.  Of course, as my luck would have it, I am bursting at the seams and he picks this day to work LATE!!!  UUGGHH!

Finally he calls and I have to act calm and normal.  He walks in and sees a card on the table to “My Amazing Husband”…..he says what is this?  Now he knew I was late and was asking me everyday “Did you start yet?” so I knew he would figure it out if I didn’t play it off.  So I tell him “Didn’t you remember it is our anniversary?”  He opens the card and begins reading :

1.11.11
Happy 1 ½ year anniversary from the 2 of us!  (he keeps reading like nothing at all and I just knew that would scream my message)…Congratulations Daddy (and he reads that part again) Are you serious?  He would not let me pull away from the hug to see his face…but tells me he wants to see proof…okay already had that ready to go…he looks at the test and sets it down.  He says he does not believe it and wants me to take another one.  Well I have no more left so he says I am going to town (which he does and comes back with 3 more!) JJ 

The next one was positive as well.  I immediately start researching and calculating (I figured I was already 5 weeks at this point and read everything I can about being 5 weeks pregnant—the inquisitive, fact knowing part of me.)  I ordered 2 pregnancy books and we immediately started researching all of the ingredients in the vitamins and herbs I take to decide which I should continue and if I needed to stop any.
Now, I had told Nathan a LONG time ago, that when it came time for us to have a baby, I knew God would use it to teach me a lesson.  BOY IS HE ALREADY WORKING ON IT! You see, we are due in September .  I am a teacher and this does not work in my schedule (per our planning :))….I have put those plans behind me and am accepting whatever plans God throws at us throughout the duration of this pregnancy.  We feel so blessed that this happened so quickly and easily (as we never imagined it would have) and are already SOOOO incredibly thankful that God has chosen US to be the proud parents of our little angel.

A little side note:  Since we had both been sick before New Years, we cancelled our trip to Grapevine that I had planned for us.  Instead, we headed to Rosenberg to go to Baskins and then ate at Panda Express (the fast food restaurant I miss the most since moving back to EC). :)  I love doing the whole "Chinese food thing" on NYE to get a fortune for the coming year.  Well mine was okay and N reads his and it says "You will receive an unexpected gift from an acquaintance"....he immediately says could this mean a baby?  I quickly reminded him of this the night we found out we were expecting! :)

Another side note:  That first night Nathan had 4 baby dreams and in each one we had a baby girl...:)  I have not had any baby dreams.


1 comment:

  1. Jessica, First Congratulations to you and Nathan and nothing you have posted has surprised me except the teacher business. I thought, being as organized and scheduled as you are, that you scheduled this baby for Sept. so he/she would be the oldest in his/her class and hopefully, forever strive academically, which I am sure he/she will do. Yall are too cute and we are SOOOO happy for you.

    ReplyDelete