Last week I got the call that our furniture was in!! YAY!! We went Friday afternoon to pick it up and make a few last decisions since we had found our fabric. Saturday was our first weekend we were both actually home in such a long time and it worked out great since we were able to dive right in the freshly painted room and get all of the furniture assembled. We started Sat. morning with the crib…went smooth and easy. Next, the changing table…went great. Finally, the dresser...UGH!! That thing caused us more stress—well when I say we I mean Nathan. I just had to listen to all of the cussing, slamming tools, etc. along the way! J We finished it all Saturday evening and have everything in place. We even have an extra walker in there thanks to my friend Kim. The only things we are missing are curtains, bedding, and coverings for glider and ottoman. It is so neat to come home to a nursery that is just awaiting a precious little one. J I will be posting pictures soon.
Another thing I think I skipped right over was about feeling the baby move. On Good Friday (April 22) at 18 weeks 5 days pregnant I began to feel the baby’s movements. At first I wasn’t sure, but I quickly figured it out. I enjoyed every minute of those little kicks and punches. That Sunday night I was laying in bed reading while Nathan was working on school stuff. I put my hand on my stomach where I was feeling the movement from the inside and was so amazed when I could feel it from the outside. I hollered at Nathan to hurry into our room and put his hand where I was feeling it. Of course, being the stubborn little thing that he/she is there was no more movement. So Nathan pushed and poked around on my belly and he was finally able to feel it. J Now every time we are together I want him to feel the kicks and he gets a little impatient waiting for the kicks/punches to happen sometimes but he loves being able to feel what I am feeling. As I mentioned after the last US...we definitely have one active little baby in there! I feel it all day! :):)


No comments:
Post a Comment